351 Mustang

Fuel Lines 1995 GT E85

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 10:55 PM
scottyblank

Default Fuel Lines 1995 GT E85

I need some direction on fuel lines for my 1995 Mustang GT. Currently running a 351W with Vortech V1 supercharger. My plan is to tune to run on E85. I'm not sure the stock fuel lines will feed the amount of fuel I need. I have yet to find any company that offer larger diameter pre-bent fuel lines for this set up.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:13 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottyblank
I need some direction on fuel lines for my 1995 Mustang GT. Currently running a 351W with Vortech V1 supercharger. My plan is to tune to run on E85. I'm not sure the stock fuel lines will feed the amount of fuel I need. I have yet to find any company that offer larger diameter pre-bent fuel lines for this set up.

One can calculate the cross-sectional area of the line needed to carry X amount of fuel at Y pressure, if you know the fuel consumption rate. That can be assumed to be the injector delivery rating, if EFI, or carburetor max air flow rate using 12 or so to 1 air/fuel ratio.

You might be surprised how small the line needs to be (or, maybe not!). imp
Old 07-12-2017, 01:19 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

I believe those lines are good from 500-550. Probably closer to 500 rwhp. You would be better off with a methanol kit dumping in extra fuel than the e-85 on stock lines.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

I can't comment on what size fuel line would be appropriate for your application, but if you do decide to replace them, I wouldn't get too hung up on getting pre-bent lines. Bending and flaring lines is nowhere near as bad if you use a material like NiCopp. In fact, you could even use nylon tubing if you wanted to.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:05 PM
64bit
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottyblank

-8AN feed
-6AN return

(thats 1/2" and 3/8")

No, you wont find them pre-bent. Youll need to, and want to, run your own. I used braided stainless.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Default Fuel Lines 1995 GT E85

Fuel line diameter has always been a mystical topic. This post reminds me of back in the day when I was using Alcohol with half inch to the regulator and 3/8" to the carbs.
Always remember,the key to sufficient fuel supply is pumping power. As another example let’s look at a flow of 1 gallon per minute at a required fuel rail pressure of 70 psig. That is enough fuel to support 720 HP. The pressure drop thru a 3/8” id line at 60 GPH is less than 1 psig! Switching to a ½” id line would result in a pressure of about 1/10 of the 3/8” line. However, given sufficient pumping power, a one (1) pound drop versus a tenth (1/10) pound drop is insignificant. At 500 HP the pressure drop is even less.
If you are into overkill, like me, use - 8 AN feed, and - 6 AN return. Remember, -6 AN is about 3/8" and -8 AN is about 1/2." Also, remember, E85 requires 30% more fuel to make equivalent power than gas. And make sure you have plenty of fuel delivery.