Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Another MRT believer

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:18 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

Default Another MRT believer

Just got my MRT AeroTurbine delivered to work today, and got out an hour early so I could head back home to the local muffler shop and have 'em put it on before closing ($35 for the install too, woo).

The guys at the muffler shop all kinda congregated to see this odd looking "fart can" go on the car, and asked me all sorts of questions about it. Only one of them had heard of AeroTurbine before. Suffice it to say, it impressed them all.

When I went over to visit my parents, my mom asked me if I had put a glass pack on it, LOL...

I am quite impressed, not sure if it's the sound, but the car feels like it just got an inhaler after having a nasty bout of asthma. Definitely exhales easier. Now to see what all those naysayers up to work say... :-D

Old 07-24-2006, 11:29 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Another MRT believer

ORIGINAL: mindfury

Just got my MRT AeroTurbine delivered to work today, and got out an hour early so I could head back home to the local muffler shop and have 'em put it on before closing ($35 for the install too, woo).

The guys at the muffler shop all kinda congregated to see this odd looking "fart can" go on the car, and asked me all sorts of questions about it. Only one of them had heard of AeroTurbine before. Suffice it to say, it impressed them all.

When I went over to visit my parents, my mom asked me if I had put a glass pack on it, LOL...

I am quite impressed, not sure if it's the sound, but the car feels like it just got an inhaler after having a nasty bout of asthma. Definitely exhales easier. Now to see what all those naysayers up to work say... :-D

very cool! I know what you mean... I felt the difference and couldn't believe it... so I called Lidio over at Alternative Auto to dyno it.. sure enough the MRT showed a nice gain over my Magnaflow! Especially over like 5500 RPM! I couldn't believe it... I remember standing there looking at the graph with the Magaflow and MRT data up... I was shaking my head... Lidio was really surpised by the gain and then Lidio says "If your butt dyno says it's there... and my dyno says it's there... then it's there" LOL!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:32 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

Let some more air in and install a K&N filter OR a filtercharger. More air in, more air out; well you get the idea.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:34 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

Thanks scrming, actually The Mistress is an inspiration, your video is what won me over originally. :-)

I actually told the guy who installed my muffler that another Mustang enthusiast from the other side of the state replaced his Magnaflow with the AeroTurbine, so that's how confident I was in the product. MRT was quite on the ball, my order was processed last Friday and I received the package today...

Old 07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Thanks scrming, actually The Mistress is an inspiration, your video is what won me over originally. :-)

I actually told the guy who installed my muffler that another Mustang enthusiast from the other side of the state replaced his Magnaflow with the AeroTurbine, so that's how confident I was in the product. MRT was quite on the ball, my order was processed last Friday and I received the package today...

cool, another Michigander! If you ever get over to the Detroit area you really need to stop in at MRT! Great group of people and some really awesome cars! LOL
Old 07-24-2006, 11:42 PM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

no offence to you guys but to me the MRT sounds too high pitched and kinda ricey...but then again ive never heard one in real person..so i cant say for sure.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:45 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

LOL, you should tell Scott to give you referral credits...
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluhawkshockey31

no offence to you guys but to me the MRT sounds too high pitched and kinda ricey...but then again ive never heard one in real person..so i cant say for sure.
well... beside performing better than my Magnaflow, the MRT also sounds better.. It does take a while for it to "season"... It keeps getting better sound over the period of a few weeks... oh... and it was less expensive than the Magnaflow...

Old 07-24-2006, 11:51 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

LOL, you should tell Scott to give you referral credits...
LOL!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

To each his own... although listening to it in a video is no substitute for standing there next to it. Sounds like no ricer I've heard however...

Mine has yet to fully mature though, so I'm sure the experience can only improve, and it's already good to my ears. :-)

Quick Reply: Another MRT believer