Another MRT believer - MustangForums.com



4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #1  
mindfury
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location:
Posts: 53
Default Another MRT believer

Just got my MRT AeroTurbine delivered to work today, and got out an hour early so I could head back home to the local muffler shop and have 'em put it on before closing ($35 for the install too, woo).

The guys at the muffler shop all kinda congregated to see this odd looking "fart can" go on the car, and asked me all sorts of questions about it. Only one of them had heard of AeroTurbine before. Suffice it to say, it impressed them all.

When I went over to visit my parents, my mom asked me if I had put a glass pack on it, LOL...

I am quite impressed, not sure if it's the sound, but the car feels like it just got an inhaler after having a nasty bout of asthma. Definitely exhales easier. Now to see what all those naysayers up to work say... :-D

mindfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #2  
scrming
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location:
Posts: 2,750
Default RE: Another MRT believer

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mindfury

Just got my MRT AeroTurbine delivered to work today, and got out an hour early so I could head back home to the local muffler shop and have 'em put it on before closing ($35 for the install too, woo).

The guys at the muffler shop all kinda congregated to see this odd looking "fart can" go on the car, and asked me all sorts of questions about it. Only one of them had heard of AeroTurbine before. Suffice it to say, it impressed them all.

When I went over to visit my parents, my mom asked me if I had put a glass pack on it, LOL...

I am quite impressed, not sure if it's the sound, but the car feels like it just got an inhaler after having a nasty bout of asthma. Definitely exhales easier. Now to see what all those naysayers up to work say... :-D

very cool! I know what you mean... I felt the difference and couldn't believe it... so I called Lidio over at Alternative Auto to dyno it.. sure enough the MRT showed a nice gain over my Magnaflow! Especially over like 5500 RPM! I couldn't believe it... I remember standing there looking at the graph with the Magaflow and MRT data up... I was shaking my head... Lidio was really surpised by the gain and then Lidio says "If your butt dyno says it's there... and my dyno says it's there... then it's there" LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #3  
djl0657
2nd Gear Member
 
djl0657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 438
Default RE: Another MRT believer

Let some more air in and install a K&N filter OR a filtercharger. More air in, more air out; well you get the idea.
djl0657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #4  
mindfury
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location:
Posts: 53
Default RE: Another MRT believer

Thanks scrming, actually The Mistress is an inspiration, your video is what won me over originally. :-)

I actually told the guy who installed my muffler that another Mustang enthusiast from the other side of the state replaced his Magnaflow with the AeroTurbine, so that's how confident I was in the product. MRT was quite on the ball, my order was processed last Friday and I received the package today...

mindfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:38 PM   #5  
scrming
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location:
Posts: 2,750
Default RE: Another MRT believer

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mindfury

Thanks scrming, actually The Mistress is an inspiration, your video is what won me over originally. :-)

I actually told the guy who installed my muffler that another Mustang enthusiast from the other side of the state replaced his Magnaflow with the AeroTurbine, so that's how confident I was in the product. MRT was quite on the ball, my order was processed last Friday and I received the package today...


cool, another Michigander! If you ever get over to the Detroit area you really need to stop in at MRT! Great group of people and some really awesome cars! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #6  
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location:
Posts: 183
Default RE: Another MRT believer

no offence to you guys but to me the MRT sounds too high pitched and kinda ricey...but then again ive never heard one in real person..so i cant say for sure.
bluhawkshockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:45 PM   #7  
mindfury
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location:
Posts: 53
Default RE: Another MRT believer

LOL, you should tell Scott to give you referral credits...
mindfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 PM   #8  
scrming
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location:
Posts: 2,750
Default RE: Another MRT believer

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bluhawkshockey31

no offence to you guys but to me the MRT sounds too high pitched and kinda ricey...but then again ive never heard one in real person..so i cant say for sure.
well... beside performing better than my Magnaflow, the MRT also sounds better.. It does take a while for it to "season"... It keeps getting better sound over the period of a few weeks... oh... and it was less expensive than the Magnaflow...

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #9  
scrming
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location:
Posts: 2,750
Default RE: Another MRT believer

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mindfury

LOL, you should tell Scott to give you referral credits...
LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 PM   #10  
mindfury
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location:
Posts: 53
Default RE: Another MRT believer

To each his own... although listening to it in a video is no substitute for standing there next to it. Sounds like no ricer I've heard however...

Mine has yet to fully mature though, so I'm sure the experience can only improve, and it's already good to my ears. :-)

mindfury is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intake manifold replacement Dokilar 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 15 10-16-2015 08:13 PM
TNT weekend - No PB, just fun..... 88 orangepeel notch Street/Strip 4 10-05-2015 09:03 AM
Hello All RCS02v6 New Member Area 4 09-29-2015 01:46 PM
Car Suspension problems? marc954 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 2 09-29-2015 11:18 AM
2015 Ford Mustang with MRT KR Muffler Delete DtRockstar1 Mustang Videos 0 09-27-2015 07:46 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.