Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Best Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Best Exhaust?

I know, however I like the Tunable alot better due to the carbon fiber. I'm real big on Carbon Fiber. Right now i'm really not worried about the intake though. I want the exhaust for the sound and I have an auto and I as far as I understand i can change how it shifts and get better acceleration. I just don't know how, lol.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

well I know that bamachips has a demolt (sp) xcal2 combo and that has carbon fiber on it... might want to take a look at it if you like the carbon fiber look... they should tune it for you to change your shifts and stuff...as far as I know you just plug it in and load your tune... you just gotta tell them what tune you want and they will do it.... as far as I know that is how it works... I dont have one yet though so I am not completly sure if that is how it goes... I dont want to tell ya wrong... I am sure somebody else that actually has one will chime in in a sec.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Okay, I'm gonna go check that out right now and try to decide.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

did you take a look at that intake?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:00 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah it's nice! I was looking around though and read some posts about if i get a tuner thru them that it doesn't come with performance mods, just stock ones, is that true?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

I have the ford racing muffler with about 700 miles on it..and i love it. sounds better and better everyday.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:24 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

How much did you pay for it?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Well i am running Duel GT takeoff mufflers. They sound deep and sound pretty good at high speeds. They were cheap for two. But if your going to stay single i am not sure how a single GT takeoff muffler would sound. But mine are pretty loud but not to loud where people go "wow thats really annoying."
Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

How much did you pay for it?
I got it from the dealership i go to--they are one of those ford racing product dealership places. But anyways, my family has been purchasing cars from there for...3 generations...since my great grandpa..lol. So we get some deals. Also, everything is on our farm account so we qualify for this discount on parts since we have over 10 Ford automobiles. I really did not wanna look for lower prices on the net, so i just bought the muffler and had it installed there for $250
Old 07-27-2006, 12:05 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

That sounds awesome...i'm going to order mine tomorrow so that I can have it next week. The Mopar Nationals are Aug. 10-12 so i can't wait to annoy all of the mopar guys again lol

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust?