Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

t-loc upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: t-loc upgrade...

I wouldn't recommend a dealer for the installation of aftermarket parts. They'll charge far more than it's worth. Instead, check out your local Mustang club and ask for a shop recommendation. These guys will be passionate about their rides and point you in the direction of a shop that really knows Mustangs.

I paid about $840 for gears, an Auburn limited slip, install kit and installation.
x2, i would PM autobadges.com on this web site cause he should be able to get you a set of 4.10s (3.73s if your an auto or if thats what you want) and a t-lok for a good price, then check out a few places to have them installed other then a dealer, and it will not be under warrenty
Thanks guys I did a quick search and found a t-lock for $200 (probably can find it cheaper somewhere else right?) at http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Drivetrain.htm The t-lock is all I'm looking for and I also want to lower the car (probably the Eibach pro kit) so when I have the funds I'll have those two things done at once. How much do you think is a reasonable price for that install?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:13 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: t-loc upgrade...

ORIGINAL: orion6g

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

ORIGINAL: Miami Mustang

ORIGINAL: fazm

spins both wheels instead of one. If 1 wheel spins in ur open differential, stompin on the gas onlly makes it worse. With both wheels driving u will have more acceleration if ur lightly spinning.

Gears will also give u that punch ur lookin for
Sorry for the newbish question...but around how much is a t-loc and is it easy to install? What are some of the good brands? The reason I'm asking is because eventually I'm going to get a tuner and I heard that it'll make my tires spin more easily and so I want them both to spin.
t-lok is a ford factory part, it is fine for bolt ons and is available through several sites and ford dealer ships

if you want F.I i would recomend a detroit true trac from http://accuautoparts.com/, they have no clutches to wear out like the t-lok will

The shop that is installing my track-lock (ford racing) told me not to go with detroit true-trac as he has seen them tear cars apart. Apparently the gears in the true-trac can puy a lot of strain on everything as it tends to "clunk" when activated under hard acceleration as compared to clutch systems that will wear out but won't damage your car. That's just what I've been told.
ive never heard of that anywhere till now, maybe it puts alot of strain cause it works good and lasts long[&:]