Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Test mule For JLT CAI results.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 12:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Test mule For JLT CAI results.

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

But isnt that better than the gains on the C&L Intake? Cause on your website it says you only made an extra 6WHP, is this true or am I misunderstanding something?
ORIGINAL: scrming

So before this you were stock? The 189RWHP was stock? Then you add a CAI and a SCT X-Cal2 and only picked up 9RWHP???
Thats 6RWHP gain over the MMR he had.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

+1 scrming.

Most have seen (or at least state) 20-25hp gains with a CAI and tune. The stock number looks kind of high, but I understand that's what the machine recorded. The number with the mods looks okay. That would equate to approximately 233 under the hood, which is a reasonable expectation.

By the way, has anyone dyno'd an 06 auto with single axle back, CAI and tune? If you did, what kind of numbers did you get? I'm planning to get mine on a dyno just to see what my car is making, but if anyone has already done this your info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

ROFL! I feel like a complete dumb***! LOL! Thanks for the explanation rygen.
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

But isnt that better than the gains on the C&L Intake? Cause on your website it says you only made an extra 6WHP, is this true or am I misunderstanding something?
ORIGINAL: scrming

So before this you were stock? The 189RWHP was stock? Then you add a CAI and a SCT X-Cal2 and only picked up 9RWHP???
Thats 6RWHP gain over the MMR he had.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:45 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

No problem!!!

Ok, I have to wonder and no offense to the tuners that work for the manufacturers. Most of us are comparing this to a C&L, a C&L from Doug, Justin, Evolution, Lideo, Brenspeed, etc. But have you ever bought a CAI with a tune from the manufacturer? I have and the gains were not the same as a tune from a professional tuner. I think manufacturer tunes are much more conservative, so it ensures their parts don't come back or have issues with customer cars.

I've seen the JLT and its a sweet piece of equipment. I'm sure once Fred, Justin, Doug or Lideo get thier hands on one, we will see even more gains. Also, he's got some pretty good TQ with this setup. That is what my original post was in response to. Also, most of us that have gotten dyno tuned with a CAI/tune had an axleback of some sort.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

+1 I really would like to see the gains with a tune from one of the tuners mention, I also would like to see the numbers on that new intake by WMS is it out yet? BTW rygen do you have any sway bars? If so, which ones?
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

No problem!!!

Ok, I have to wonder and no offense to the tuners that work for the manufacturers. Most of us are comparing this to a C&L, a C&L from Doug, Justin, Evolution, Lideo, Brenspeed, etc. But have you ever bought a CAI with a tune from the manufacturer? I have and the gains were not the same as a tune from a professional tuner. I think manufacturer tunes are much more conservative, so it ensures their parts don't come back or have issues with customer cars.

I've seen the JLT and its a sweet piece of equipment. I'm sure once Fred, Justin, Doug or Lideo get thier hands on one, we will see even more gains. Also, he's got some pretty good TQ with this setup. That is what my original post was in response to. Also, most of us that have gotten dyno tuned with a CAI/tune had an axleback of some sort.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:32 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

GT sway bars, they are sitting against the wall in the garage! LOL. And yes, I'm keeping them.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Whats wrong with em you dont like em?
Old 08-13-2006, 03:49 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

what tuner did you use for this? was it an SCT or a Diablo?

Ooops. you said which tuner was used. i'm a goof. sorry.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

scrming,

I'm sorry to ask, But should I have expected more HP/TQ gains? I mean my car was BONE STOCK all around.
I thought almost 10 hp rwhp was pretty good just by changing the tune and the airbox, I was impressed with
the whole setup, is there another CAI that offers more?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Tucker

Tim, thanks for coming down for the test, it was nice to meet you.

As said before we did some testing a few months back with results in the 6-8 HP range as most of the tuner kits out now are giving, but we know there was more to be had.
So we used the JLT MAF from the GT and a 75mm pipe and gained 4-5 HP and up to 10 TQ!

If you look at the graph in the first post you will see there was much higher TQ gains in the lower RPM's which is where you will feel it and use it.

Thanks again Tim and we hope to have these ready in the next few weeks and the price will be the lowest out there!!

Jay

Quick Reply: Test mule For JLT CAI results.