Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Question for people with MRT exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Shaerza

Default Question for people with MRT exhaust

Does the MRT mellow out at all after the break in period at all? Just got it put on last night and it seems pretty amazing.. but maybe a touch too loud. Curious if it after a few hundred miles it calms down a little bit or if it stays the same
Old 08-19-2006, 08:11 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Question for people with MRT exhaust

it will change in tone. It wont be quieter per say, but it will be a deeper, smoother, less annoying sound.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:02 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

it will change in tone. It wont be quieter per say, but it will be a deeper, smoother, less annoying sound.
Yep.... mine actually changed it's tone a couple of times over the course of a few weeks... not days... LOL!
Old 08-20-2006, 01:43 AM
devilnbaggypants
I ♥ Acer

It will sound alot better once you get it broken in, it's still not for the timid, but it does get better.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:17 AM
BlackoutStang
1st Gear Member

When I first got it on, it was very annoying through and through, now it's starting to sound a lot less annoying but it's still probably as loud, just not that same annoying hard-to-explain noise.

Overall, I'm impressed with mine, the loudness suits me well, as I think it reflects my personality.

Money well spent.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:53 AM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

yes i have noticed a tone change since i got mine but its not really more quiet
i actually liked the raw sound in the beginning
Old 08-21-2006, 07:53 PM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

I had to take it back off my wifes stang. Way to loud, and made the dash, door panels and sun roof rattle like crazy. For a daily driver for the wife not ok. For a drag racing on the weekends yes.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:44 PM
matb1980

I think my MRT has mellowed out or it may have just made me tone deft because it's so loud. I drive a 'vert so I get the full effect of the noise even with the roof up! Either way though it sounds great and seems to confuse people when they first hear it, not quite the sound anyone normally associates with a V6!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matb1980

I think my MRT has mellowed out or it may have just made me tone deft because it's so loud. I drive a 'vert so I get the full effect of the noise even with the roof up! Either way though it sounds great and seems to confuse people when they first hear it, not quite the sound anyone normally associates with a V6!

Ok.. little story... Friday I'm on my way to MRT... I drive by a Ford dealership and notice they have a Grabber Orange GT out front... Well, I wanted to see a Grabber Orange in person so I make a quick U-Turn and pull into the lot... I get out to look at the GT... well... there's another guy there looking at it... We start talking... Then he looks over at The Mistress and compliments me... says he really loved the sound of her when I pulled up... and telld me that he watched me go by and said to himself " Now that's what a Mustang is suppsed to sound like"... I'm like... ummmm this is a V6... He's like NO WAY... THAT'S A 6!!! I'm like yep, sure is... He then says "I just might have to rethink this whole V6 thing!" LOL! Of course you should have seen the look on his face when I popped my hood! LOL!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
matb1980

I had a similar thing happen to me with a neigbour. They thought I had a V8, they were shocked when I said nah it's a 6!

ORIGINAL: scrming

Ok.. little story... Friday I'm on my way to MRT... I drive by a Ford dealership and notice they have a Grabber Orange GT out front... Well, I wanted to see a Grabber Orange in person so I make a quick U-Turn and pull into the lot... I get out to look at the GT... well... there's another guy there looking at it... We start talking... Then he looks over at The Mistress and compliments me... says he really loved the sound of her when I pulled up... and telld me that he watched me go by and said to himself " Now that's what a Mustang is suppsed to sound like"... I'm like... ummmm this is a V6... He's like NO WAY... THAT'S A 6!!! I'm like yep, sure is... He then says "I just might have to rethink this whole V6 thing!" LOL! Of course you should have seen the look on his face when I popped my hood! LOL!