Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My Evolution C&L/XCalII just came in!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

Default My Evolution C&L/XCalII just came in!!!!!

My evolution Performance C&L/XCalII literally just got dropped off!!!! I am gonna go try to put it on!! I cant wait. Its my first mod!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:07 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: My Evolution C&L/XCalII just came in!!!!!

I'm planning to do the same thing this weekend. Which tunes did you get? Please post your opinion after the install.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Congrats!!! Say good by to throttle lag!!!! You will love it.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

Ok its in and I took it for about a 45 min drive. I am sure I used about 5 gallons of gas .... anyway... I got the 87 oct tune, the 93 oct tune, and the 93 extreme tune. I installed the 93 tune and havent tried anything else so far. there is a noticable difference. like rygen said, no more lag. It isnt completly gone, but it is almost gone. 0-60 seemed to increase some, wasnt really impressed with that. 50-70 is really quick. 0-100 is alot quicker than before too. Didnt take it past 100. Dad was with me and he didnt want me to. I will probably see where it tops out tomorow. It will actually power brake now. instead of 2000rpms being the rev limit when the brakes are on, it seems to be more like 4000 so you can roast your whole tire off if you want. I dont think I will do that though. I want these tires to last at least a year. All in all, I think it was a good investment, I cant wait till I install duel exhaust. I was a little disapointed though. Other people said that it was like a whole new car. I didnt really get that impression. It still wont spin tires from a stand still, unless you are turning. It felt a little more responsive, but from what people had said I expected to install it and have Jesus himself come out of my hood and tell me "You have now installed the Coveted XCalII! You are now ready to destroy rice along side the rest of my angels!"
Old 08-23-2006, 11:47 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm my tires have less than 1k miles on them and I havent had much of an issues spinning em. If you really wanna give em a little spin just use 2 feet and hold the brake a bit

I just recently did mine too and all around it feels barely different, I REALLY notice it when I go to pass someone though or someone moves out of my way while I'm rolling and I get to speed up. No more throttle lag is the main reason I did this and was well worth it.

GL with your exhaust!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:31 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Lol jesus pops out your hood. Thats hilarious, that sucks you werent as impressed as you thought you would be. But hey it sounds like you still got a good improvement.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:37 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Wow, mine gave me alot of response... And before the goodyear eagle f1's I could spin them with the TCS off. Now with those tire it's takes a little bit of a launch but still screams them loose... The shifting is alot tighter and quicker and throttle response is near gone... You just have to hit it when you in the upper part of your rpm range for that gear and she'll run for you. With Freds tune and c&l it doesn't seem like a v6 anymore. I had mine for 9 months before doing the tune and CAI, the difference I could tell right away, It's alot more jumpy! But with $1100 in rubber the wife doesn't care for me spinning them often. but thats why I drive
Old 08-24-2006, 02:52 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

No I said it WILL actually power brake now. I didnt have anyproblem with that after the mod. Before I couldnt hardly do it, it would leave a pretty weak mark for about 4 feet and that was it. I did just go out again after I posted again and went on a back road that has some pretty slick asfault and no joke left a very dark black mark for 1/10th of a mile I actually went back and started my trip meter from where the mark started and right when it ended my trip meter turned to 1/10th. It was pretty impressive. It was really slick asphalt though. On just a normal road I couldnt get it to do it anywere near that good. I dont know if yall will believe me or not and I dont really care because I know it is true and that is all that matters, but it smoked that tire and left that mark all the way through first, all the way through second, and almost all the way through third. It was about to shift into fourth before it finally caught and quit peeling out. I dont think I am gonna do it anymore though. I did it twice. once with my mom and once with my friend. I will go back and take some pics tomorow and post them if yall would like to see it. I did them pretty close together. lol they are too close for a posi track car so it almost looks like a really awsome 4 wheeler left them .... after this second run though I would say that I can feel it a little bit more. I dont know if it has to be broken in or not before you really start to feel it, but it did feel a little bit stronger. I think I will try that 93 extreme sometime soon and see how different that is, but I dont plan on running that all the time. Fred told me that it wouldnt be a good idea to run it all the time mainly a track thing.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I'd like to know how you even got them to squeak before the tune lol. I think maybe once in the 4 months ive had it theyve went alil bit.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Before I had the LSD rear and tune it could be done with the TCS off and just hitting it full throttle. It would leave a little mark and make a smalll chirp. Then I put LSD in and couldn't spin them for ****... Then I did Freds 93 tune... Then they would lay a patch down something you'd see from a v8 "both tires" Then I went to 18' rims and the goodyear eagle f1s. Now I got to work to get it to spin but it does... the launch is nice as it digs very solid. It mostly depends on the surface I'm on if I'm going to be able to light them up. Right Now I'm very balanced to hooking them... I think the tire can take a little bit more horsepower... Which I'm working toward giving it. If you guys got crisp throttle response... you don't want to spin them at all!

Quick Reply: My Evolution C&L/XCalII just came in!!!!!