Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Vortec Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:19 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default Vortec Supercharger

So i know theres been alot of posts about s/c's but i havent seen anyone that put a vortec on. I found 2 different ones on jegs.com but theres no description for either it just says 300hp then the other one says 330hp. Whats the difference between then? And i dont know if it would be a good supercharger or not. It just seems alittle cheap compared to other superchargers that i've looked at. Also if i did buy one of the vortec systems, what else would i have to upgrade?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Vortec Supercharger

I have the Vortech HO kit which is the 10PSI intercooled version.

Ok... I'm looking at Jegs right now... Looks like they have a pricing issue!

The $3136.99 kit is listed at 300HP... I'm assuming this is the non-intercooled version. The $3199.99 is listed at 330HP... I'm assuming that the intercooled version!! It's should be like $800 more not $63!!!

I'm guessing these are tuner kits? Not really sure.. if they are tuner kits you'll need bigger injectors and tuner (either X-Cal2 or Predator). Jegs doesn't list what's included...

I've got 8000 miles on my Vortech! And love it!! There were no installation issue... and has been running great!!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:04 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Well you seem to know what your talking about on everything you post on lol so i'd take your advice. What size injectors would you have upgrade to? And also i think its been said but if you have a CAI and upgrade to a supercharger the CAI is useless right?....If thats true i could go with the Alternative Auto SCT II like i wanted and not worry about the CAI.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:05 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Forgot to mention, If your gonna get a supercharger, i was thinking it would pry benefit to just get the intercooled version since i'd already be paying the $3000 range lol. Where did you get yours at?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:17 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

Well you seem to know what your talking about on everything you post on lol so i'd take your advice. What size injectors would you have upgrade to? And also i think its been said but if you have a CAI and upgrade to a supercharger the CAI is useless right?....If thats true i could go with the Alternative Auto SCT II like i wanted and not worry about the CAI.
Right... if you are going to add a S/C then you can skip the C&L... Just pick up a X-Cal2 (although Alt Auto DOES sell C&L's, see my other post). Then when you go to do your S/C, you'll already have a X-Cal2...

We used the 39# Terminator injectors...

MRT did the motor swap/Zex removal/Vortech install... LOL!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:28 AM
bztz4m
2nd Gear Member

Well I am be joining the Votec team I am finally going to pull the trigger and get the Polished inter-cooled verision I am also going to add 3:73 gears. I am still on the fence on which gauge pod to get I want the center gauge pod like scrming has but I don't know if I will go with the MRT or the CDC gauge pod. I got a price from superchargersonline for 3779.00 for the complete kit. I am now just waiting for the money to arrive so start ordering parts. I am heading to Vegas in 3 weeks for a Car Show and to meet up with my fellow Legend Limers this little upgrade should blow their minds.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:29 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

How much noise does the Vortech make at idle? Just curious. Glad to hear you have not had any problems. We all need to know what the limits are with these weak internals.