Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Looking at buying a supercharger soon.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking at buying a supercharger soon.

ORIGINAL: petepete

If your not going to the track and just wanting more power for daily driving id get an sc. If you want track times id get a turbo. I dunno why it just seems easier to drive around with an sc on the road. But maybe that sjust me so nobody kill me :P
I can drive around town and to work every day at cruising speed under boost, so I don't see the difference between the two for daily driving. In fact, for daily driving, the Xcharger makes boost at like 2k, so with 3.73's or 4.10s, it may be hard to stay out of boost on that kit.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking at buying a supercharger soon.

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: petepete

If your not going to the track and just wanting more power for daily driving id get an sc. If you want track times id get a turbo. I dunno why it just seems easier to drive around with an sc on the road. But maybe that sjust me so nobody kill me :P
I can drive around town and to work every day at cruising speed under boost, so I don't see the difference between the two for daily driving. In fact, for daily driving, the Xcharger makes boost at like 2k, so with 3.73's or 4.10s, it may be hard to stay out of boost on that kit.
I agree... If I had the extra $$$ and would have been closer to PH I would have gone Turbo... I believe it is a better setup then any of the S/C systems for our car... HOWEVER it comes at an extra expense! So you have to decide whether the extra money and the more involved install is worth it to you... for me it was not and went with the Vortech (which i really like and have no regrets about!)