Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Small Problem with my AT's

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Black06Auto

Default Small Problem with my AT's

I just recently got them installed (about 3 weeks ago) and they look and sound great. After the first week I noticed that the driver side muffler was pretty loose. I could move it back and fourth with my hand and if I hit a big enough bump it would hit the bumper. I took it back to the place who did the work and they put on a tighter hanger and the problem was solved. Then last week I notice the same problem again. So I took it in today and the bolt that holds the hanger (both times the problem involved the 2nd hanger) in place snaped off. Apparently the vibrations and stuff is too much stress for a regular hanger. So they recommended that I order two Ford Hangers to solve the problem. I did that just now and I can pick them up tomorrow at my dealership.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I guess a regular hanger is just a piece of metal that is bolted into the underside of the car and then attached to a kind of big rubber band. If you look at our Mustang hangers the metal that bolts on to the frame is an L-shape not just a flat piece of metal. This is obviously for reinforcement that our cars need. So, I would suggest to anyone that has dual flowmasters (or maybe just dual exhaust in general) and a fabricated hanger for the driver side to have a look and see how strong the hanger is. Cause it may break loose like mine did. (Or maybe I just have bad luck)