Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:22 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Recommendation

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Afixer has the Cali version. Which uses the stock air tube. He was the guinea pig for the x-charger, Yes i believe that he is only making 255whp to the wheels. The real selling point of the X is the almost immediate torque of 288wtq in the Hi-pro verson. The Cali is running at 6psi and the Hi-pro is at 9 psi. T0hey use a MP90 blower which is the same s/c that is used in the rouch s/c for the GT. I know your gonna sak 4K for the Hi-pro is a lot for only 80whp, most of the money is paying for the development of the adapter or something that EE had to fab up to connect the blower to our block. I don't believe that EE builds the MP90, and before i forget no it isn't supercharger. Thats the main fault of it, EE says that their is no room under the stock hood for a intercooler and they wanted you to be able to keep it under the stock hood. With that being said, The people who are waiting on the X-Charger are hoping that EE will recongnize the market for it and off a aftercooler for their kit but it isn't a perfect worl and you have to your lemons and make lemonade with it.

Most poeple who have F/I though have the Vortech or Procharger which seem the be the best deals. As you know V/C and P/C are bot centri s/c. Scrming has a V/C and with suspension work and at 10psi i believe? he is in the 13.00-13.08 range.
I've only taken the Vortech to the track once and that was with Rygen at Norwalk... 90+ degrees and a full tank of gas (doah!)... car pretty much ran 13.4 all weeked... Looking forward to getting to the track soon... especially now since the temps are coming down!