Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Next round of modificaitons...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 04:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Next round of modificaitons...

@TJ,

I'll put it simply....

....get the turbo man. I know you will make very very good use of it!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:45 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

i dont even know what to think... im drulling

congrats rygen.. i dunno i think you can taste the 11's
Old 09-10-2006, 07:59 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

when will i be able to purchase th ph turboo do u kno?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I would call PH, last time I heard was the mail order kits are going out next month.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:54 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Can't post alot now, but that's awesome!!! Gonna be a long week for you I bet.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:00 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

@TJ,

Thanks for all the input. Powerhouse uses a Mustang Dyno, so if you are ok with that instead of a Dynojet, then sure! I found a SSM block, just stock compression, but stronger internals for even more boost. I spoke to the wife, and we are putting some cash aside if I pop the motor. LOL. I did a bit of research and I don't like the idea of stroker or messing with the timing chains for these 4.0's. I'd rather just have a super strong motor and throw more boost at it. Less to configure, simpler and yeild the results I want.

I think 11's may be a stretch without drag shocks and some weight reduction. I'm not ready to do drag shocks on my daily driver, I need to call Scrming up and ask him how his long distance drives are on the drag shocks. I will also need to do the front BMR sway bar delete kit, and lighter rims. I think it's doable, but got some more to do to pull it off in an auto.

Yea, 12's with the turbo at 8.5psi....hard to resist. The Boss is still 2-3 years out, and the only other car I would consider is the TA concept, which isn't confirmed yet. So I'd figure I'd have fun with the 6 and suprise some people with it.

Wow can’t believe it (every one says their going stroker) I totaly agree with you no stroker no way for me either if I was pop the motor just a built straight 4.0! I would want to keep it simple (due to this 4.0 design) and go easy on this 4.0 motor design, and also from my research going stroked possible side load pressure and wear on the piston might have to rebuild after 15K -20K
I am a firm believer in larger C.I. (but really even stoked where you going c.i wise know what I mean)
but would make exception on a rebuild on this 4.0 and go straight 4.0 only.

Agree with you on your comment on the 11’s.

I am thinking high 12’s @9.5psi would be there on street tires with a stick no problem. Keep in mind EX-13 ran a 13.10 on street tires with the turbo @ 9.5psi and it was just months ago I was explaining to him on another forum what power shifting is and how to do it. His 13.10 run on street tires was another thing that was inspiring to me about this turbo. So a experienced power shifter with track experience will be able to run high 12’s on street tires at 9.5psi most likely mid 12’s on DR’s. No offense Ex-13 meant (I don’t even think he comes to this forum) if you read this,
That reminds me Rygen you need to correct something on your website, you have E-13 at 8.5psi should be 9.5psi.

Finally found something I can disagree with you on, In regards to your response on the Boss they are supposed to produce it late 07 possible not a 07 model but 08 . You can start ordering 08’s in June of 07 for 08’s or 2nd run would be ordering late 07 for the 08 Boss which means delivery the latest 1st or 2nd qtr 08. By my calculations possible in about 8-10 months the latest is 14-17 months out. If you have any info that that its going to be 2-3 yrs could you let me know or post.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'll fix my web site, LOL. Thanks.

As for the Boss. I have no new info, wow, only a year to a year and a half out. Ok, well I will be signed up.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:58 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Thanks guys!!!!

@TJ,

Powerhouse uses a Mustang Dyno, so if you are ok with that instead of a Dynojet, then sure!

Question for you, I know the Mustang dynamometer shows (heard other people give % estimates and some say as high as 15%) a lower rwhp reading than we are use to seeing on a regular dynojet in sae.

What would you in say in your opinion is the % is needed to add to your rwhp rating on a Mustang dynamometer to compare to a SAE dynojet rating?

I am just not clear on this one.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

All the research I have found shows the difference is 10-12% for FI cars for the calculation for SAE on a dyno jet.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:50 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

All the research I have found shows the difference is 10-12% for FI cars for the calculation for SAE on a dyno jet.
The difference we seen with my car was 12%...

Quick Reply: Next round of modificaitons...