Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Next round of modificaitons...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Next round of modificaitons...

ORIGINAL: TJ

I have some questions for you if you don’t mind

You know you going to hit or exceed 400rwhp (dynojet) next week ( wow can’t believe it) have you looked into new fuel pump and putting the fuel pump or your stock one on its own (line) breaker/fuse?

Rygen did you talk to Mike about running a mech or electronic boost ****?

I was also wondeing (and his response) did you ask Mike if it is possible to use the 11psi tune on 8.5psi or 9.5psi for DD via the boost ****?
Or due you have install a 8.5 psi tune first?

What size are you DR’s what is the height?

Did you ever calculate what the gear ratio comes out to with the height of the DR's your running?

You know you gear is now coming into focus now and raises questions esp if the ET is low if you know what I mean not bad so far.

I had more questions and comments but didn’t save the original Looooong post in word and lost it.
TJ,

Yes, it sucks. But I am the first one to get the percision stall so someone has to go through it. I'm just glad PH was able to get them to restall my stock TC @ shipping cost. So I will have a stall, and it looks like it will be around 2800ish...maybe 2900ish....I can still launch at 8lbs at that stall speed if I time it right and don't break loose. If I have all the time in the world, I might get it up to 10lbs.

Yes, I am sure MD will be the way to go for me. I'm still on the fence if I should bother going to Thompson with a 6 hour drive home following that. But I LOVE to race, so I'm leaning towards it. But the following weekend, I'm hitting MD for sure.

I spoke to Mike about a boost controller and he said it is doable, but I havent gotten serious about it yet. But since I have to go back up to Erie PA for the stall in a few months, I think it is a worth while project.

My DR's are 275/55/16's. They are 28in tall.......I'm guessing that puts me closer to a 2.55 gear ratio. Thing is when I trap on the 1/4 mile, I'm at 5500 RPM. I have a few 100 RPM to go, I'm thinking some shorter MT's and get the revving up a bit more to increase my ET's.

You know me man, I'm going to give it my all for 11's, just not sure how realistic it is.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Well, got an update on the work. Looks like Percision has to modify my stall to fit the V6, so its two months out. It's unfortunate as this will probably put me past race season. But its the first one, so I don't mind.

However, not all is lost. Percision is reworking my stock stall and adding 200-300 RPM (so hoping I can launch at 2800rpm, we will see) to it so I can at least improve my launches this season. So I'm very excited about that.

Also, for the TA Girdle, its been discussed before but wanted to remind people that you need a panhard relocation bracket in order to clear the 7.5 rearend. I only know 2-3 owners that have one and they had to have one. I'm going with the PH/CHE piece on this, but BMR also makes the bracket.

I'm hitting Thompson this saturday, but I'm not holding my breath, because that track is 1500 and the track I usually go to, Mason Dixon in MD is at 600ft above sea level. So I think my best times this season will be down there in the weeks to follow.

As soon as I get the drive shaft in, and other goodies I will provide a full report.

Racethis (handle of another 4.0L owner) thinks I should look into drag shocks. So I am now really thinking hard on those to.

I can’t believe this WT* two months!

I wanted to see this car with the stall with the rest of package of upgrade all together I am pissed dam! I (IMO) wouldn’t even run it at 1500 feet I’d wait a week or so till MD but that just me I would want apples to apples condition right off the bat for testing get that nice surprise with the right conditions.

I am so pissed about that stall I was looking so forward to this setup. Rygen I went over a few things I am seeing a dip in the elevens very possible (aleast on the day you ran 12.82 ) when you get the stall in two months w/3400 stall due along with the below.

1. 11 psi over 8.5psi good for about 70rwhp more.
2. Light weight drive shaft 9( on a GT the JPC DS (19lb) saves 26lb not sure what your DS saves but if similar nice!)
3. 3400 stall
4. The K member brace , (I believe this is similar as BMR (8lb) which saves around another 24lbs should .

Your ET 11.95-12.20 in to months. Good Luck

Then you still have a lot left in the arsenal just some below.
1. 1-3 more psi (28-75 more rwhp )I say up two 3 cause PH is running 14 psi or working on it so may be in your future .
2. Shorter gears
3. Skinnies
4. Trans
5. Remove Cats or high flow
6. 2 stage setup like you use to talk about but at a risk

You know you going to hit or exceed 400rwhp (dynojet) next week ( wow can’t believe it) have you looked into new fuel pump and putting the fuel pump or your stock one on its own (line) breaker/fuse?

I was also wondeing (and his response) did you ask Mike if it is possible to use the 11psi tune on 8.5psi or 9.5psi for DD via the boost ****?

Did you ever calculate what the gear ratio comes out to with the height of the DR's your running?

You know you gear is now coming into focus now and raises questions esp if the ET is low if you know what I mean not bad so far.

I had more questions and comments but didn’t save the original Looooong post in word and lost it.

i don't know about 2.5 more psi being good for another 70rwhp, that seems high to me, but im not sure. The driveshaft will help him put a decent amount more power to the ground. Hell even if it only frees up a few percent of his power, he will still be making that across the entire span of the rpm's and it is definately stronger than our stocker, so thats one less thing to worry about. I can see mid-low 12's. Damn good man, you need to put some track times of your car with a vid of your engine on streetfire to represent us. I saw the vid of you and umm excepcion13? i think thats his name.... People were saying, "ha, look the turbo 6 still couldnt take that bolt on gt" because they thought you were a gt and wouldnt accept that you were another turbo 6! I get excited whenever you get a new mod. Keep us updated!

8cd3go in my post I said about 70 more not sure or exact, but remember Mike puts down 400rwhp @ 12psi and (Rygen now 11psi) E-13 at 9.5 put down 328rwhp but of course I don't know for sure its just a estimate of around 70 could be 60rwhp more. We will have to wait for the dyno sometime next week per rygen.

Thanks man, I would be estatic with 12.3's. There are like 3 more vids of my car from that day that I posted awhile back.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Well, got an update on the work. Looks like Percision has to modify my stall to fit the V6, so its two months out. It's unfortunate as this will probably put me past race season. But its the first one, so I don't mind.

However, not all is lost. Percision is reworking my stock stall and adding 200-300 RPM (so hoping I can launch at 2800rpm, we will see) to it so I can at least improve my launches this season. So I'm very excited about that.

Also, for the TA Girdle, its been discussed before but wanted to remind people that you need a panhard relocation bracket in order to clear the 7.5 rearend. I only know 2-3 owners that have one and they had to have one. I'm going with the PH/CHE piece on this, but BMR also makes the bracket.

I'm hitting Thompson this saturday, but I'm not holding my breath, because that track is 1500 and the track I usually go to, Mason Dixon in MD is at 600ft above sea level. So I think my best times this season will be down there in the weeks to follow.

As soon as I get the drive shaft in, and other goodies I will provide a full report.

Racethis (handle of another 4.0L owner) thinks I should look into drag shocks. So I am now really thinking hard on those to.

I can’t believe this WT* two months!

I wanted to see this car with the stall with the rest of package of upgrade all together I am pissed dam! I (IMO) wouldn’t even run it at 1500 feet I’d wait a week or so till MD but that just me I would want apples to apples condition right off the bat for testing get that nice surprise with the right conditions.

I am so pissed about that stall I was looking so forward to this setup. Rygen I went over a few things I am seeing a dip in the elevens very possible (aleast on the day you ran 12.82 ) when you get the stall in two months w/3400 stall due along with the below.

1. 11 psi over 8.5psi good for about 70rwhp more.
2. Light weight drive shaft 9( on a GT the JPC DS (19lb) saves 26lb not sure what your DS saves but if similar nice!)
3. 3400 stall
4. The K member brace , (I believe this is similar as BMR (8lb) which saves around another 24lbs should .

Your ET 11.95-12.20 in to months. Good Luck

Then you still have a lot left in the arsenal just some below.
1. 1-3 more psi (28-75 more rwhp )I say up two 3 cause PH is running 14 psi or working on it so may be in your future .
2. Shorter gears
3. Skinnies
4. Trans
5. Remove Cats or high flow
6. 2 stage setup like you use to talk about but at a risk

i don't know about 2.5 more psi being good for another 70rwhp, that seems high to me, but im not sure. The driveshaft will help him put a decent amount more power to the ground. Hell even if it only frees up a few percent of his power, he will still be making that across the entire span of the rpm's and it is definately stronger than our stocker, so thats one less thing to worry about. I can see mid-low 12's. Damn good man, you need to put some track times of your car with a vid of your engine on streetfire to represent us. I saw the vid of you and umm excepcion13? i think thats his name.... People were saying, "ha, look the turbo 6 still couldnt take that bolt on gt" because they thought you were a gt and wouldnt accept that you were another turbo 6! I get excited whenever you get a new mod. Keep us updated!

8cd3go in my post I said about 70 more not sure or exact, but remember Mike puts down 400rwhp @ 12psi and (Rygen now 11psi) E-13 at 9.5 put down 328rwhp but of course I don't know for sure its just a estimate of around 70 could be 60rwhp more. We will have to wait for the dyno sometime next week per rygen.

Yep, the dyno should be interesting. I am not worried about HP honestly, I want to get some serious TQ out of 11PSI and I think I will get my wish. If I can get close to 400 rwtq that would be insane. But probably get somewhere around 380-390ish. We shall see. Besides, I realized I still have a good ways to go with this car. It should keep me busy till the boss pre-order list comes out.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

haha ironically ive jsut been spent the last 20 min looking for those videos of the 2 turbo 6's .. lol care to point me in the right direction rygen??
Old 09-15-2006, 12:51 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

damn rygen, you just keep goin bigger and bigger. Are you gonna keep the 6er once you go with the boss? The boss is going to be amazing, but man...your 6 is just such a sleeper bad ***.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

haha ironically ive jsut been spent the last 20 min looking for those videos of the 2 turbo 6's .. lol care to point me in the right direction rygen??
lol i hate streetfire. Love the videos, but they designed it horribly. The search sucks and the server is always down.