Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What Single Exhaust would you buy today for your V6 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:45 AM
TxIceMan

Default RE: What Single Exhaust would you buy today for your V6 Mustang?

Is there a sound clip anywhere so I can know what droning sounds like???
Old 09-14-2006, 02:00 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TxIceMan

LX200: Did you notice a good power difference when you put on your Ford Racing muffler? What is your opinion on the sound? How is it on the inside compared to the outside? How would you compare it side by side to the MRT?

Well, although i am not LX200, I have a Ford Racing Muffler and I love it. It sounds nice, especially once it has broken in. The sound outside and inside is terrific. Exhaust all depends on your ear...if you want a muffler with decent sound, but not too loud (not MRT status), go with the Ford Racing Muffler. Now, I cannot really compare the FRM to the MRT because I have never had the MRT, nor have I seen one in person. But from what I hear, the MRT's are loud and they have shown the most gains on the dyno. Almost everyone seems to be satisfied with thier MRT. So, listen to the exhaust clips, and just base your decision off of that. Best of luck!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:28 PM
TxIceMan

hataap:

Thanks, I really appreciate your input. At this point, its still a toss up for me. I really like the outside sound of the MRT, however I don't exactly want that sound to drown out the inside of the car while I'm cruising on the freeway going 70-80 mph. When I started this thread, I was leaning very heavily towards the MRT, mainly because of the outside sound and the power plus I kinda liked the fact that people would hear me coming from a mile away. Now I'm kinda leaning more towards the Ford Racing/Borla Exhaust. The Flowmaster is still in the running for me as well, mainly because Flowmaster's reputation and the overall look of the muffler.

These are questions I have for anyone that wants to chime in:

Does anyone with the Flowmaster v6 exhaust want to put in their 2 cents as to what they think about their muffler?

Does the drone at 2500-3000 rpm ever go away with the MRT as its broken in?

Anyone try the MRT muffler with their new resonators? Do they really make the drone go away? Is the outside sound any different with the resonators?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:29 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

ORIGINAL: omer333

Here's the bigger question: Do you want sound or power?

The MRT has power, everything else is just a little bit of power (compared to the MRT) and sound.

I'm all about power.

Can't have the sound without the fury.
This is a crock. Most of the axle backs provide a lot more power. The MRT might be a little more. But to say ALL the others have just a little power is totally incorrect, and there is no data to support the fact that the MRT is massively better with respect to power.
lol im not trying to be an ******* here, but i think scrmin dynoed like a 10rwhp gain over having flowmaster or magnaflow, one of the two. Thats a decent gain. I like loud and power, but the magnaflow sounds really good. Deep and slightly louder than stock. I havent heard flowmaster or anything else, but magnaflow is definately for those that dont want super loud, but like the musclecar tone.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:06 PM
TxIceMan

The Flowmaster for v6 is in 2nd place?? That kinda surprises me. Would someone that voted for the Flowmaster post up their opinion and observations about it? I like the fact that its painted black, but other than that, I don't know much else about it.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

So what was decided? I have a 06 v6 and Im in the same hole...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Johnnydayz
1st Gear Member

if you were to get the Flowmaster, then would it be a generic 40 series, or the specific v6 muffler?
Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 PM
TxIceMan

I would get the v6 muffler...not the 40 series.