Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

COld Air w/out Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:17 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: COld Air w/out Tuner?

I'm glad you like it, I was just telling my experience with it. On my car at the track the C&L with the S&B filter is fastest,(so far) The complete S&B set up the slowest. You got it assembled so you really didn't need the instructions!! I do mean the part with the window on it. You got a good deal, enjoy it!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: opticalveracity

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6snb.htm

read up!

S & B Filters Performance Intake Kit:

More Air = More Power. S & B Filters cool air intakes really do increase horsepower and improve fuel economy and are backed by a Million Mile Warranty.

Kit includes a lifetime washable & reusable high flow air filter, custom designed air box to isolate the filter from engine heat, a clear inspection lid to chck the filter service interval, a high quality cross linked polyethylene intake tube and box with stainless steel hardware. S & B Filters are tested to ISO 5011 Filtration Standard. Manufactured in the U.S.A. Tested to a Higher Standard.

Easy at home installation with easy to follow instructions included and can be installed in just minutes with simple hand tools.

Note: This is the only air system on the market that truly does add 14 HP without ANY computer tuning
Bull. No way. Just because they say it doesn't make it true. There are throttle body spacer companies claiming 25 HP, and multiple dyno runs by reputable tuners show NO gain from throttle body. You are luck if you get 14 RWHP from a C&L CAI *AND* A TUNE.... much less from a larger filter alone. You might get 14 HP if your stock dyno run was done in Death Valley and your dyno run after the intake was installed was done in the Yukon.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:04 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

dude thats hurting my feelings cause i thought i got a great deal! well listen, im going to UPR next week to tune...what do i do, ive never done this before? i was told so far to tell the guy ive got the gt takeoff axhle back, s & b cold air intake and thats it...then will he tune my cold air and then do what ever tunes he has for my car? i want my car to shift like a bat out of hell but drive the street normal when im cruising..i want to chirp gears in my automatic...can u tell me how to prepare for this tune?? im going to have him tune my car, while i watch and take notes, then down the road ill know ...let me know how to prepare and what to ask for etc etc..the xcal2 is like 355 from him without tax, i was recomended by the guy whom i bought my s&b from, so let me know, if i dont get back till late tnite its cause im at work till 11 pm tnite ! thanks
ORIGINAL: LX200

ORIGINAL: opticalveracity

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6snb.htm

read up!

S & B Filters Performance Intake Kit:

More Air = More Power. S & B Filters cool air intakes really do increase horsepower and improve fuel economy and are backed by a Million Mile Warranty.

Kit includes a lifetime washable & reusable high flow air filter, custom designed air box to isolate the filter from engine heat, a clear inspection lid to chck the filter service interval, a high quality cross linked polyethylene intake tube and box with stainless steel hardware. S & B Filters are tested to ISO 5011 Filtration Standard. Manufactured in the U.S.A. Tested to a Higher Standard.

Easy at home installation with easy to follow instructions included and can be installed in just minutes with simple hand tools.

Note: This is the only air system on the market that truly does add 14 HP without ANY computer tuning
Bull. No way. Just because they say it doesn't make it true. There are throttle body spacer companies claiming 25 HP, and multiple dyno runs by reputable tuners show NO gain from throttle body. You are luck if you get 14 RWHP from a C&L CAI *AND* A TUNE.... much less from a larger filter alone. You might get 14 HP if your stock dyno run was done in Death Valley and your dyno run after the intake was installed was done in the Yukon.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:07 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

heres 2 pics i took ...note the engine cover and my new cold air intake by s & b! i cant wait to tune! will i notice a difference? like i mean i can hardly notice a difference with my cold air, i mean i can , but its nothing to brag about...it looks better,sounds better, takes a teeny bit of lag away, accelrates harder from a dig, better from 60-80 but nothing intenese, will the tune with the cold air perform day and night let alone the other tunes, like what are the typical tunes tuners do? how much to the crank and wheel? i got an 06 4.0 in automatic with gt take off axle back, single of course , with the s & b , so with a tune how much HP to the wheel?? at least 200!?!?!?!?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:26 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

oops, forgot to add the pics, here they are! i also forgot to use the edit, instead i clicked reply! heres the pics!