Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:09 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Went with the Evo tune/CAI...have a question

Ya, I love my Evo tune, and Fred does a good job, but.... this is probably counter-productive. There is no way we can know whos best without a LONG drawn out analysis, and then we'd probably find that they are all within 5 percent of each other.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:18 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I already have a K&N CAI with a GT Take-off Muffler .... I need to buy a tuner now ... would EVO have a tune to support this combo or does he only do C&L CAI's? I'm trying to decide who to get my tuner and tunes from.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:26 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

Ya, I love my Evo tune, and Fred does a good job, but.... this is probably counter-productive. There is no way we can know whos best without a LONG drawn out analysis, and then we'd probably find that they are all within 5 percent of each other.
I agree... and in that spirit you'll noticed I have really toned down my endorsements since you and I went round and round on this!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: dmhines

I already have a K&N CAI with a GT Take-off Muffler .... I need to buy a tuner now ... would EVO have a tune to support this combo or does he only do C&L CAI's? I'm trying to decide who to get my tuner and tunes from.

I have tunes to support your mods!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Ordering My Combo Today, C&L SCTII From Evolution. I think im gonna get 87, 91, and 93 cause those are the only ones i know of lol.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one

Not sure if its just my luck or not but so far not too impressed with the Evol service....I called an hour ago to order and the man said Fred would be about 5mns so i left my name and # (pretty sure i left the right number) and its been about another hr and a half so i tried back and this time no one answered
Old 09-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Black Stang 3200492
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one

Hey i have a qustion if one of you guys were to send me a tune you got from evolution would it work on my car.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:13 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Stang 3200492

Hey i have a qustion if one of you guys were to send me a tune you got from evolution would it work on my car.
while it may work, it would be morally wrong and more than likely illegal... As a serious photographer I respect other peoples copyrights and a X-Cal2 tune while technically may not be copyrighted it certianly deserves to be protected like copyrighted material...
Old 09-24-2006, 10:17 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

To my knowledge, the latest version of the SCT software actually lets tuners marry the tune to the serial number of the end users XCAL2. Meaning they can't pass the tune on. I went through this process with Doug when he sent me the TI tunes.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:19 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

To my knowledge, the latest version of the SCT software actually lets tuners marry the tune to the serial number of the end users XCAL2. Meaning they can't pass the tune on. I went through this process with Doug when he sent me the TI tunes.
I knew they were working on this and the option was there in the Advantage III software but it wasn't enable yet... but that was last spring... so it could be working now...

Quick Reply: Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one