MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.0L V6 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions-66/)
-   -   More boost question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions/191320-more-boost-question.html)

petepete 10-11-2006 02:18 AM

More boost question

So ive been thinking i either want to start spraying a 50 shot again or get like a 12-13 psi pulley. Wondering opinion on whats the safer route. Also what pulley to get if i want to get a higher boost on here. Any input would be appreciated

28HopUp 10-11-2006 11:12 AM

RE: More boost question

PP,

I really don't have any answers to your questions, so I'll let more experienced folks chime in here. Since you have FI, I was wondering if you will need to have your tune adjusted to account for a 50-shot?

Let us know what you find out - I think having a 4.0L with multiple power adders would be sick!

Bill Jr.
28hopup

StupidTodd 10-11-2006 12:19 PM

I'd think the 50 shot would be a bit safer than trying to up your boost.

The nitrous would act as a second stage intercooler, further cooling down your charge.

Either way, you may run out of fuel, and need a bigger pump or a booster of some nature. (if you don't have one already)

Be careful with the tuning.

petepete 10-11-2006 06:38 PM

yep definetely need the tuning. Kind of leaning towards more boost to always have it. I know the n2o will work fine but if the psi boost works just as good i would rather go that way.

28HopUp 10-11-2006 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: petepete

yep definetely need the tuning. Kind of leaning towards more boost to always have it. I know the n2o will work fine but if the psi boost works just as good i would rather go that way.
Hey PP,

Have you run that beast at the track yet???

Bill Jr.

petepete 10-11-2006 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

Hey PP,

Bill Jr.

only once at irwindale 1/8 and my time was too bad to say :P i dont want to take it to the 1/4 till im sure i can hit a low 13

rygenstormlocke 10-11-2006 08:54 PM

The HP rating on the nozzle is not the same with FI. A 25HP shot is going to be more like 50-75, so I would stick with that. Also, I would invest in a window switch to make sure you only spray in the RPM prior to building boost, to get the TQ off the line. Dual power adders is still new to me, so I can't offer much....but Doug@Bama has done it and posted in this thread recently about it...

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=28213

Have a read of it, he explains it much better than I could.

rygenstormlocke 10-11-2006 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

Hey PP,

Bill Jr.

only once at irwindale 1/8 and my time was too bad to say :P i dont want to take it to the 1/4 till im sure i can hit a low 13
You don't need dual power adders to run a low 13 second run. Just takes practice.

petepete 10-11-2006 08:58 PM

thanks for that info. So you think spray is a better idea than 12-13 psi?

rygenstormlocke 10-11-2006 09:13 PM

thanks for that info. So you think n2o is a better idea than 12-13 psi?
For me, personally, NO. I think there are too many variables (moving parts, tuning parameters) to make it work safely with boost. For a weekend warrior or track car, hell yea. For a daily driver/weekend track car....I wouldn't do it. I would go with 12psi and a really safe tune.

Keep in mind on 10psi, you should be able to net a 13.3 or 13.4 run with practice.