Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Another X-Charger Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Another X-Charger Thread

Wow guys I talked with Dave and I didn't realize the X-Charger was that expensive is it really worth that much, or would you be better off just buying the turbo I mean they are right there at the same price? Just asking for yalls opinion.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:02 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Another X-Charger Thread

a shop could probably install xcharger for 300 bucks and 1k for a turbo. If your considering getting a turbo you might as well. it will be faster and better for the track. Xcharger will still be fast just not as track capable as a turbo.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Well I don't have to worry about installation charges because me and my father will do it (he is a mechanic). It just surprised me everyone on here was talking how good of a deal the X-charger was hell man it cost right at the same as a turbo and you don't get the turner with it that is seperate
Old 10-12-2006, 06:27 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

the nice thing about the x is its fun , still fast enough and if you need to work on your car you can still get to stuff without tearing the thing apart to get to stuff on the front of the car. to each his or her own. if you dont mined all the tubing all over the place and you just want to go fast go turbo heck get two! put a damb jet engine in the car go fast real fast i mean stupit fast thats what you want right? i mean really some people like red and some like blue. unless you totally understand all the facts and the differances you shouldnt bag on it. if i went to the track all the time like todd or others , naa i still would have gone with the X it looks real pretty on the car and gives me plenty of power when i need it.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:35 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: afixer

the nice thing about the x is its fun , still fast enough and if you need to work on your car you can still get to stuff without tearing the thing apart to get to stuff on the front of the car. to each his or her own. if you dont mined all the tubing all over the place and you just want to go fast go turbo heck get two! put a damb jet engine in the car go fast real fast i mean stupit fast thats what you want right? i mean really some people like red and some like blue. unless you totally understand all the facts and the differances you shouldnt bag on it. if i went to the track all the time like todd or others , naa i still would have gone with the X it looks real pretty on the car and gives me plenty of power when i need it.

You forgot to mention the noise a blower makes. Some are louder than others, but is certainly sounds cool! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 10-12-2006, 06:58 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i love the way it sounds. i wish i could have that noise on mine at wot >_<
Old 10-12-2006, 07:00 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yea sorry bill for the rant . its just why bad mouth it. i dont bad mouth the others . heck at least we have a choice now. it wasent long ago we only had 1 choice. everyone will get what they want for there own reason. i love the old school look and simplicity. and the right now power is to die for. yea todd is faster but im prettier! ha ha
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

I never once bad mouth the X tom it's just everyone on here was talking about how good of a deal it was, so I was over here thinking it was going to be cheaper than the vortech and turbo, but they are right at the same price thats all sorry if I rubbed you wrong, but just show me one place in this this thread where I bad mouthed it.....All I did was asked for yalls opinion if people are going to take offense to asking for opinions then I just won't post any longer........this turbo, x-charger, supercharger, ect is still new to me, but once again sorry for making it seem like I was downing it
Old 10-13-2006, 12:33 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

sorry having a bad day