Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My new aluminum shaft... Oh yeah!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Default My new aluminum shaft... Oh yeah!

I live in eastern Pa where there is one of the best rear end and driveshaft shops around. They're also friends to the family and have a very big soft spot for stangs, The owner raced them in the 60's at maple groove and continued to race them up til a few years ago... His son, partners in the business even owns a 06 gt. These guys are diehard ford mustang gearheads that still believe in qaulity workmanship and old fashion friendly customer service.

I showed them the aluminum driveshafts floating around here and they said that they could fab one alot cheaper. I also thought of all the MF'ers here on the forums

I got a fair price for those that would like a 4" aluminum driveshaft installed in eastern pa, Pm me and I'll give you the needed info to get in touch with the shop. These guys at this time I don't believe do mail-order but they are in the Reading Pa area for those that are interested in a smokin deal installed.

It's nice, you can feel the smoothness right away... I expected to feel a few things in certain areas that I do and it's really nice. I expected
a little increased response in the gas pedal.. which I do... I also feel a little increase in seat response due to the few extra horses it allows the rear wheels to recieve.. The roads have been wet so I waiting for a nice dry day to test some launches I'm also on a ****ty tank of 92 octance... it doesn't like the gas but I can still feel the smoothness and added performance from the aluminum driveshaft.

18" polished aluminum wheels with Eagle f1's
LSD rear
C&L CAI
SCT xcal2 tune from evolution performance
MRT Areo turbine muffler
Rear blackout panel
4" Aluminum Driveshaft

Coming SOON!
Headers
3.73s
Xcharger
Old 10-19-2006, 02:24 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My new aluminum shaft... Oh yeah!

****ty 92? lol the best i can get at a pump is 91 (some places even have 85/86 here)

but ya, its always cheaper to have your own, i was quoted $250 to have a custom one made and installed.

they always seem to be a couple pounds heavier (which isnt a big deal) when you get them fabbed.
and they havent been tested at all, and that reason alone is why i went with a proven one.

back to the octane, not only do we have lower octane here, but its known as "california gas" which is really crappy gas
Old 10-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

That is one of the many things I do enjoy about New York. Less hippies, no ethanol-laced E85 garbage. Good pure 93 oct everywhere.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

kriger where in PA do u live
Old 10-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

the tune from evolution performance is for 93... I put texaco 92 in and she doesn't like it one bit... it's more the texaco then the 92, but I'll never fill it with anything less then sunoco 93 or 94 ever again[:'(] The car just seems flat... it's a driver seat thing but isn't running like it should.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Well shoot here in north carolina we have 93 and just about every gas station carrys racing fuel, but racing is big around here