Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Save $$$ on those damn exhaust hangers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:52 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Default Save $$$ on those damn exhaust hangers!!!

I am in the process of switching from single to dual exhaust in my 2005 V6. I just loved Tress Wright's great 'How To' post. In his post Tres also suggested a source for the hangers. I emailed Kevin, the guy that Tres mentioned. He said that the price of the 4R3Z 5A246 AA hanger would be $39.22 plus shipping. That's a heck of a lot better than the ridiculous $59.99 suggested retail. I decided to call my own parts guy and see what kind of latitude he might have in setting his prices. It seems that Ford dealerships can adjust prices quite a bit more than they would have us believe. If you need hangers, Dave Redman will get them for you, for $35. plus shipping. You can contact Dave at: lpc@withamauto.com

Old 11-14-2006, 03:24 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Save $$$ on those damn exhaust hangers!!!

Within the next week my car is going to the muffler shop to go duals so i assume ill need the other hanger to hang the left. Do the dealerships not keep them on stock?

Also, so this Dave Redman will sell them to you for only $35? Where is the dealership located?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:30 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I was going to pm you about the hangers but it wouldnt let me. I noticed that the dealership name was familiar, are you talking about Dick Witham Ford? Then i saw your zip code and so if im right that means you live in Waterloo. If im wrong whoops but i dont think so because i live only 10mns from Waterloo. The car looked familiar i think i saw it once around Witham so thats cool.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:30 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i never knew they were selling them for more than 40 bucks. i got mine from my dealer for 38.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:17 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Yep, you got it! Pioneer Ford in La Porte. Dave also said that he would match any other prices on Ford parts. Tres' guy said that he would sell the left hand GT mid pipe for $84.77. When you talk to Dave, let him know. He should match the price. you would have to pay tax but no shipping. Hope that this helps.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:28 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Also, if your just getting into this project. You might want to take a look at this. It's an ebay add for a GT X-pipe. Don't know if you can use it or not. I bought one. Haven't got it on yet. It's a Ford part, so see what Dave can do on it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...51368715QQrdZ1
Old 11-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

that's not bad
Old 11-14-2006, 10:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Another option is to move one of the hangers to the driver side, and if, and that is if needed, have the shop fab a hanger. I had a shop fab a hanger for me back in the day, cost was 15 bucks. Didn't really charge me labor cause it was 15 minutes of work so it got included the overall install.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Double post.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:34 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

How long do they take to order? Ill have to stop in witham and ask i guess. My body work starts on Friday (supposed to) and the GT bumper should be there that day as well. 2-3 days for the quarter repair and then they will put the new bumper on and ill take her to the muffler shop. So figure itll be at the shop around Tuesday-Wednesday i may just have to have them fab them since i dont wanna wait to install the other side so my DD is out any longer then it will be.

Quick Reply: Save $$$ on those damn exhaust hangers!!!