Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Best Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best Superchargers

because i would say a supercharger would be less strainious on the engine and goes throughout the entire rpm range with immediate power on the other hand tho i do have the 4.10 gears so the turbo should be able to kick in rather soon.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:06 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: craezjo

because i would say a supercharger would be less strainious on the engine and goes throughout the entire rpm range with immediate power on the other hand tho i do have the 4.10 gears so the turbo should be able to kick in rather soon.
sorry... you've got it backwards...
Old 11-15-2006, 06:35 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Scrming is right, turbo puts less strain on the motor, and has a wider power band.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:44 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Don't forget, a supercharger has to spool up as well, only difference is it's driven up by the belt, so the faster you go, the belt responds almost immediately, whereas with a turbo, you need to generate more exhaust gas.... however, with new designs that use smaller lightweight impellers, and use highly optimized volutes with gas pre-rotation and such, turbos spool up very quickly, and lag is not really an issue on any new turbo, whether they be factory or add-on.

There is no sense in discounting a turbo when we know it is the top HP performing adder for our V6's.... that is what you said you wanted...
Old 11-16-2006, 01:32 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

the only way i would get a turbo is if they came out with a twin turbo kit then i would go turbo but i really wouldnt wanna botha that much with a single turbo i would prefer a supercharger over a single turbo but not a twin.

well i forgot to mention i have some bolt ons like cold air intake, 93 race tune from bama, underdrive pulley, jba ceramic shorty headers and single borla exhaust. so how fast would u think i could do the 1/4 mile in now, without the power adder and then what do u think i could do it in if i had like the procharger stage II tuner kit with the 12+ psi pulley and the upgrade to d1sc. i was gonna buy it from rpmoutlet.com
Don't know, but I'm a firm believer in finding out for one's self - take 'er to the track!