Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:31 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default procharger?

howdi guys , its been along time since ive been here!

anywho im looking for a friend, wheres the best website to buy the procharger, and shaker hoodscoop?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:52 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger?

also i may decide to go with the procharger in the long run..

i have a turbo now, its a T51 off a GM.. but in the long run i dont want to go through some headache to fab up the rest of the kit, i think ill sell everything for something someone has already done the homework on.

if i sell stuff i dont use anymore, i think within a month i may have enough for the kit, and on top of that savings over the christmas season will get me closer to my forced induced goal

my question say i end up with a supercharger or even change my mind for the turbo, who knows. after i install it, and im not going to lie ill be doing hte install myself, would i be able to drive it to a shop to get it tuned?! say a shop thats 60km away?

but to look at prices im looking at nearly 4g's(US) a prochrager without a tuner, .. i want to run 9psi, so what do i ask for.

does it come with injectors?! and will i need a new fuel pump?!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:55 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

welcome back man!

anyway, all the kits come with a base tune if i am not mistaken, so it should be safe to drive to get it dyno tuned while running the base tune, but without a base tune it is a VERY bad idea. your a/f ratio will be waaaaaaaaay lean. i am not sure where the best palce to buy the procharger is. i have heard only bad things about rpm outlet, and the only other place that sells the procharger for our motors that i can find is http://www.joeblowracing.com/product...441fd9c15d0e30

there seem to have been a few problems with the procharger folks so far along the lines of bad customer service and oil leaks etc. as far as i know the mechanical problems haven't been major, and customer service has been on again off again with them. some, like flapjsck, havent had any problems, but some have had problems.

as far as running 9 psi, i would say go with the 8 psi pulley and run headers and such to let it breathe better. that is just what i would do, you could go 10psi or find/get a 9 psi pulley made i guess. any way you go, good luck and i hope to join you come spring time, possibly with the procharger possibly turbo or x-charger. so many choices!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:12 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

haha thanks for the welcome man, well if there is no 9 pulley availble i see no reason why i shouldnt step up to the 10psi. but thats good news that it comes with a base tune! the thing i like about the procharger is teh self contained system..

as far as problems go, i hope they will be dealt with