Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger...oh damn.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:31 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

Default Supercharger...oh damn.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=41

Saposedly totals 330-350HP.

DAMN.

Am I right in saying that this would give my v6 an at the crank 30-50hp advantage over a GT?

Add MRT-Aeroturbine, and SCT tune...

Thats one fast V6...

Quite a pretty penny, but I would be paying far less in total for my v6 supercharged than to go stock GT.

Thoughts?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger...oh damn.

Thats flywheel HP, but still good! Though you will get the same gains with Vortech or ProCharger, and save a few pennies doing so. The Xcharger and Turbo are other options as well.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:02 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

i think it is gay that you have to buy the entire kit to get the plaque that says it is a cs-6. 15,000 bucks for an extra 130hp and some sweet body work WITHOUT paint...no thanks. you would be able to sell it for a massive amount of money tho when you were done with it. unless you are doing a cs6 build, don't buy that, it is basically a glorified vortech...
Old 01-10-2007, 06:16 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

The CS6 is soo tempting, but so damn expensive!

I'm wondering if the suspension and sway bars are better than the pony package.

I looked at a picture of the vortech.. or procharger.. i forget, but it looked exatcly like the paxton minus $1k, with the same gains...

I called up Shelby to find the tire sizes for the 20x9s, they recommender 285/30/20 in the back and 255/30/20 in the front.

The idea of having a custom built shelby is great, but I think, when it comes to selling it, it won't officially be considered a Shelby, AND ifi get into an accident, I'm screwed, because insurance is still going to see my car as a V6 Premium.

YEARG!!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Well, I have an MRT.. much more reasonably priced! LOL!

Old 01-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

scrming...THAT'S SICK!!! never knew he gave you a plaque with it!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

scrming...THAT'S SICK!!! never knew he gave you a plaque with it!
LOL! Yeah, it's Scott's and mine's little running joke... Scott had those little MRT plates laying around the shop. They put them on the MRT CAI... well, I took one and stuck it on the dash... So I'm at a car show last summer and these two guys are looking in the car and see the MRT plaque... The one guys says to the other one, "WOW! This is one of those specialized vehicles, just like a Rousch!" It was all i could do not to laugh out loud... as soon as they left I immediately called Scott and said, "Scott, you've got to give me a serial number!" LOL! So now we always kid each other about how I'm driving a Hoag! LOL!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:31 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

Scrming,

I think we should trade mustangs.

I mean, you've done all your mods...

Don't you think its time to start over yet?

hahaha
Old 01-11-2007, 02:12 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

I looked at a picture of the vortech.. or procharger.. i forget, but it looked exatcly like the paxton minus $1k, with the same gains...

I called up Shelby to find the tire sizes for the 20x9s, they recommender 285/30/20 in the back and 255/30/20 in the front.

The idea of having a custom built shelby is great, but I think, when it comes to selling it, it won't officially be considered a Shelby, AND ifi get into an accident, I'm screwed, because insurance is still going to see my car as a V6 Premium.

YEARG!!
well you see, if you order the entire kit all at once, you get a certificate so it is an authentic shelby...take that to barrett jackson and you could get some MAJOR cash in a few years, or maybe even now. I've only heard of like 2 or 3 on the road so far at all.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

YEARG!!
well you see, if you order the entire kit all at once, you get a certificate so it is an authentic shelby...take that to barrett jackson and you could get some MAJOR cash in a few years, or maybe even now. I've only heard of like 2 or 3 on the road so far at all.

Yeah, I wish I had 15 grand to pull out of nowhere...

Well, guess I'll have to start gambling more!

Or less.

I think I would accumulate more money not gambling. lol.

So shelby won't even grant you the certificate if you purchase part by part?

Quick Reply: Supercharger...oh damn.