Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

JBA Axle back issue 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:00 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

Default JBA Axle back issue 2

ok so , i got underneathe the car on a lift, saw what my axle back did..since it was touching it melted a chunk underneathe the cutout...we losened it, hung on the muffler while it was on the lift and tightened it with a gun thingy....it doesnt rub now, but what i noticed with the jba axle back is that it sticks out and looks like a ricer muffler to me and it doesnt sound better then my previous gt take off..who here has a jba axle back on thier v6 stock pipe? i wonder if thiers a difference, since i got this jba off a gt take off kit v6 maybe he had a v8 gt axle back and thats why it rubbed or its to long? or is it all the same? anyways, heres some pics...note my new grille i picked up from UPR. the upper and lower billet grilles and i put the tribar elblem on! let me know what u think about the grille and what to do with the jba...
Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Stolen 98
1st Gear Member

Default RE: JBA Axle back issue 2

Got an MRT for you for $175
Old 01-31-2007, 12:31 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

MRT LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE RICE DOESNT IT? DUDE I DONT WANNA BUY CRAP I WANT MY JBA AXLEBACK TO CLEAN FLUSH AND CLEAN
ORIGINAL: Stolen 98

Got an MRT for you for $175
Old 01-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Stolen 98
1st Gear Member

No the MRT doesn't sound like an import it sounded LOUD and open, the MAC I had sounded like an import to me. The MRT also weighs less than the other mufflers I tried.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:24 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

The JBAs do stick out a bit more than stock. I think it's because the JBA logo is on the top of the tip and they want it to show.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:28 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

gray pony, do you have a clip of your jbas, i need duals but Im not convinced on them, they sound empty and not deep at all from the clips i've heard (i'll be getting the y kit)
Old 01-31-2007, 01:31 AM
Stolen 98
1st Gear Member

Ahh I think they stick out further than my flowmaster, but I dont think that looks bad at all. If you like the sound I say keep it, because in reality your not staring at the back of the car all the time.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:33 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

thats a stock bumper with cutouts correct? i wanna get the other jba dual and do the cutout, i rather do that, i can get both axlebacls for 150 and then i can just buy an xpipe or h pipe, correct? who did ur fabrication,etc? did ur bumper melt ? ha..looks like ur bumper is stock, looks great with both! maybe thier furter back to with a catback correct? hit me up on email on what to do please, opticalveracity@aol.com and my aim is : opticalveracity

thanks steven
ORIGINAL: GrayPony

The JBAs do stick out a bit more than stock. I think it's because the JBA logo is on the top of the tip and they want it to show.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:39 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Don't have a clip..sorry. No drone, deeper sound than stock and plenty loud for me at WOT.
(true duals with an H pipe)
Old 01-31-2007, 01:44 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: opticalveracity

thats a stock bumper with cutouts correct? i wanna get the other jba dual and do the cutout, i rather do that, i can get both axlebacls for 150 and then i can just buy an xpipe or h pipe, correct? who did ur fabrication,etc? did ur bumper melt ? ha..looks like ur bumper is stock, looks great with both! maybe thier furter back to with a catback correct? hit me up on email on what to do please, opticalveracity@aol.com and my aim is : opticalveracity

thanks steven
I cut the bumper with my dremel before I took it to the shop. The kit is the JBA true duals with an H pipe. (cutting and welding required) My localMidas did the install for $85

Quick Reply: JBA Axle back issue 2