Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Got The Pypes Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default Got The Pypes Today

I recieved my Street Pro Kitt earlier but i have to wait til Saturday to get it installed. I called around and it seems the going rate for install is $100-$150. I called a custom exhaust place, Midas and Boubin. For anyone who has had work there, what did you guys think of Midas or Boubin?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:43 AM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Got The Pypes Today

I used Midas and they did a great job. Ipaid about $75 for them to fab the H-pipe and add the second factory pipe, muffler and clamps. You'll have little to no fabbing on your install. I've had zero problems with their work.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

So i got the system on and the whole thing sounds amazing. When they were installing it apparently the clamps that the pypes system dont fit the kit so they had to go buy some clamps that fit but other then that there was no problems on way of install. However.....

Now im having rattling or some kind of noise real bad coming from inside the car. I thought it could be the intake but its not coming from the left side it sounds like its coming from the right side like maybe behind the passenger air bag or maybe from the center console. Im confused, i had exhaust problems like vibrating in the pedals before the kit went on, now that problems gone but now i have a different noise coming from wherever. I guess im going to try to put the old airbox back on and see if thats it but i dont think it is. God my car is cursed i think. Any suggestions?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:50 AM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

is the sound only noticeable in the cabin? if so, i'd just insulate the car a bit more... they might have forgotten to re-attach something they unbolted at the muffler shop??
it's gotta be metal on metal if it's a rattling sound, so i'd turn the car on and inspect the undercarriage
Old 04-12-2007, 05:15 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Our usual car guy did the exhaust so i think im just going to have the dealership take a look cuz it kind of sounds like a dash rattle but im going to have them check under the car...If it aint one problem its another!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

I recieved my Street Pro Kitt earlier but i have to wait til Saturday to get it installed. I called around and it seems the going rate for install is $100-$150. I called a custom exhaust place, Midas and Boubin. For anyone who has had work there, what did you guys think of Midas or Boubin?
Hey HurricaneStang,

How long did you have to wait for your Pypes order?

I've been waiting a helluvalong time.

2 weeks ago they said the X pipe was backordered, but should ship end of week.

No response since.

Snowing today so the pony aint goin' anywhere anyway...

SOHC
Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I ordered my Street Pro's last monday the 2nd and they got here on that thursday the 5th. Ya it snowed a bunch here too, it kind of sucks actually
Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
TheRogue

So, I'm going to order the same kit, planning on the Street Pro mufflers instead of the others.

what do you think about your sound (minus the rattles, of course)...too loud, not enough? I have a set of GT takeoff mufflers, and Pypes has the whole kit minus mufflers so you can use the take-offs instead. Just might go that way instead. Still debating about waiting for the mid-muffler kit, but the stang looks funny driving around with one pipe hidden up in the GT bumper!!

TR
Old 04-14-2007, 05:45 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Ya it would look a tad weird. I had the GT take off duals before i put the street pro's on. I loved the GT mufflers sound but i love the street pro's even more. They do drone a tad so you can hear the exhaust if your cruising at 75mph-80mph but it doesnt bother me because i love the overall sound. Take off it real nice and at the lower speeds its pretty quiet until you get on the pedal. Either way you should like it with whatever mufflers you use. Install was easy, only i guess the clamps that they sent with the kit didnt fit so they had to go buy need clamps. Other then that it was simple.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:00 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

Ya it would look a tad weird. I had the GT take off duals before i put the street pro's on. I loved the GT mufflers sound but i love the street pro's even more. They do drone a tad so you can hear the exhaust if your cruising at 75mph-80mph but it doesnt bother me because i love the overall sound. Take off it real nice and at the lower speeds its pretty quiet until you get on the pedal. Either way you should like it with whatever mufflers you use. Install was easy, only i guess the clamps that they sent with the kit didnt fit so they had to go buy need clamps. Other then that it was simple.
Do you have the x pipe pypes system? I believe they only come with x, not H.
Anyway, mine came with Violators and I had them send me a pair of street pro's as that is what was promoted by RPM when I baught the kit.

They both droned like nobody's business! It was unbearably loud inside!
I swapped out for a pair of Flowmaster cans and they don't drone at all. Love the sound, the rumble and when she's WOT, man they are loud but not inside the car.

I am still considering going with GT take offs at some point but I may try Ford racing's high flow cans as well. At this point I've got two sets of nice stainless mufflers hanging on the wall.
Nice expensive ornaments ;p

I love the pypes system. All stainless, reasonably pricedand a piece of cake to install.

Wolfey2k

Quick Reply: Got The Pypes Today