Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

I know, I know, another exhaust thread....

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Default I know, I know, another exhaust thread....

I know everyone, not another thread about exhaust, but i have a question out there for all you who have more knowledge than I. While i am pretty knowledgable about electrical and appearance mod issues, exhaust is one area where i claim to have zero expertise. So heres the deal.....I want an system that is reminiscent of true old muscle car era exhaust, i want a rumble at a stand still and a roar when i put my foot on the gas....now i have seen all the people suggestin what they have as sounding very nice, but i really need some help to find somethin that sounds like this....i realize that i will need to go to some shops also to find out some info, but you all have not led me astray yet. Last night i was behind a GT, and while i have heard good things about the GT take off i cant imagine a stock GT having the sound that i want, now the one i was behind last night definitely did, but i havent heard one yet that matched this one...unfortunately the girlfriend was with me, and we had to be on time to where we were going, otherwise i would have chased him down until i could ask him about it. Also i keep hearing about the H and X pipes, and how they either help or dont help, but can anyone give me a bit of advice on if this would help (or hurt) with the system i want. Thanks in advance everyone, i trust you guys more than my two timing dealership.....
Old 05-26-2007, 02:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I know, I know, another exhaust thread....

Get a H pipe, and I would go with a GTA, Ford Racing or Flowmaster dual setup. It will never sound like an 8, but the H pipe really deepens it up.

Or try a single MRT, GTA, or Ford RAcing, you would be surprised how well they sound. Keep in mind going duals does not give you any performance gain NA.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Also, look at the new dual kit from Pypes for our 6 bangers. Its a nice kit and it sounds damn good imo.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Thanks rygen, appreciate all the help, i also will wanna talk to you in the near future about the switches you have in your interior, i plan on puttin some in when i put my sound system. But for now i thought about one other thing i wanted to let you all know to give you a little more info on what i want. I will be putting dual exhaust on when i do this, i know there is no more performance gain, but i like the look better, more even in the rear.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:18 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The switches in my car are from my old nitrous setup, which is long gone (armed, purge, bottle heater). Now the center red button serves as my line locks.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:30 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

The switches in my car are from my old nitrous setup, which is long gone (armed, purge, bottle heater). Now the center red button serves as my line locks.
Todd, do you know if Taco Bill (or anyone else) has done a write-up for installing line-locks on our cars?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Also everyone, i dont really want any drone, i already have the thunking noise in the right front side, i dont need any other annoying noises to go along with it........anyone who can help, thankz
Old 05-28-2007, 03:48 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Todd, do you know if Taco Bill (or anyone else) has done a write-up for installing line-locks on our cars?
I havent seen one from Bill, Tony has done linelock installs before on previous cars (Raneboxcyxx). I don't many 4.0s with them, PHP, PH, Nav, Fazm and myself have em. Fazm does good write ups, bet he could do one. The thing with line locks is the install is different for ABS cars. My car does not have ABS, so the install was a lot simpler according to Ph.