Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What to do next?

http://mus-tang-co-lle-ctive.com/showthread.php?t=8457 <-- gotta remove the -'s in the link for it to work. That's Gash's thread on his dyno results...

Now, to be fair, he's running stock cams on those heads, and I bet he'd get some significant gains from hotter cams, but still... there's a polished/intercooled Vortech supercharger kit for sale on the same site for $2600 plus shipping, and that'll produce some real power, all the time, too
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What to do next?

Hmm, read it, seems like I'm not choosing heads till he gets a retune and some #'s, update me if he gets new #'s. Thanx for the help, saved me lots of trouble. I'll look into the cheapest chargers around then and see how much that is and what gains I'll see, now I'm thinkinbolt-ons cause the boost isprobably tooexpensive. Shorty and longtubes I don't want todob/c there little gains. UDP are a possibility and I should get 7-10rwhp from them(alternator pulley only I think). Any idea where I can get them cheap? would I need a new belt for install? and since Idon't want to screw that install up, how much would a shop charge for install?Any ideas of what I got left to do? Weight reduction I think. Any other bolt-ons I missed that I don't have? I'm turning this into a post on the regular 4.0 section cause no one visits the drivetrain section so please post there. Thanx.