Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

To anyone having problems with their clutch or RPMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 PM
heat1100

Default To anyone having problems with their clutch or RPMS

If anyone having this problem...take your car in ASAP...before your 15,000 mile powertrain warranty is up. Also if you want Ford to look into this problem please file a complaint at www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ so the federal government will investigate the 2006 transmission. It is real easy to do. If they get enough complaints ford will respond.

My v6 2006 is getting it's transmission replaced right now. I have owned 6 standard vehicles (including another Mustang) and this is the first one that has gone out on me and only has 26,000 miles on it. When I first got my car the clutch was different than any other car I have owned. You had to push the clutch really far down then it would jump back at you when you were done shifting. I should have had them look at it sooner because they only cover the whole "job" if you have less than 15,000 miles. Though after talking with them they decided to cover everything but the disk...which by the way I was told it was the last one in the US because it is backordered till March 2008....wonder why?

Right before I took it in, when i would shift the rpm's would go up (like as if I was driving an automatic tarns) then down like my gears were slipping.

So far...I have not had any luck getting my car back. They "fixed" it twice so far!! The first time I went to pick it up I was told it would be ready at 4...stood in line for 45 minutes to be told there was still three jobs still pending on it. So I called my service guy in the morning and he explained that they test drove it and had to "re-do" the job because it wasn't right. Told it was ready again....started my baby up and it was stuck in 1st!! So I tried to drive it forward and no luck. Turned the car off to try to get it in neutral...it went but when I started it back up could not get it into first gear...played with it for a minute and got it to move 20 yards till I noticed that there was a clunking noise under my hood. At that point in time the mechanic on duty came out and heard it. It was almost like my clutch was not connected to my gears!! Called at 11am this morning to find out what happened the night before and was told it was my STARTER!! WTF!! Anyways I am about to leave to try and get it in a minute. I will update you all when i get back.

My mechanic friend said I needed 3 invoices for the same problem before they will consider it a lemon and buy it back. I have one since I paid last night...let's see if I get #2 tonight.

Also this is not the first problem I have had...I had the fuel pump replaced after my wrench light came on and my car would jerk like it was going to stall.