Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

GT takeoff exhaust pipe size?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:09 PM
garyd9

Default GT takeoff exhaust pipe size?

What is theexhaust pipe diameterof the GT take-off mufflers? I'm not supposed to know this, but my wife purchased an exhaust tip for my stock V6 muffler as a gift for the holidays. I believe the stock V6 muffler has an exhaust pipe of 2.5".

Unknown to her (obviously) I'm looking to replace the stock V6 muffler with a GT takeoff... However, in order to "keep the peace", I'll delay that for several months if buying it now would make her gift to me useless. On the other hand, if the GT exhaust pipe is the same diameter as the V6 pipe, I'd be able to use her gift AND replace the muffler...
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT takeoff exhaust pipe size?

Exhaust pipe size is the same but tip size might be different? Maybe someone with a GT takeoff will know.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:50 PM
garyd9

Default RE: GT takeoff exhaust pipe size?

I'm only referring to the diameter of the pipe that sticks out of the muffler and sticks out the back of the car...

As long as the diameter is the same, I think I'll be okay. I suspect that the GT takeoff pipe might be a bit longer, but that would be easily cured with a hacksaw if required.

A perfect world would let me get what I want (exhaust flow and a bit more sound), and still have the wife feel like she's getting me something nice for the car. Doing it this way allows her to feel like she's part of it... For those that are married (or considering it) - this is extremely importantwhen you intend to be dumping lots of money into something. At that point, it's not longer "me" spendingmoney, but "us" spending money.