Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Muffler System Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
NeoV6

Default Muffler System Rattle

Just got the true dual system installed(Pypes x pipe and over axle pypes) with Corsa Muffler. I love the sound and I would recommend the Corsa Mufflers to anyone,but I'm getting a very noticable rattle when I go over speed bumps or really rough streets. I cant tell whether its the mufflers something else within the muffler system. I really need some input. Any ideas????
Old 01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Muffler System Rattle

Did you use Pypes clamps? Check your mid pipe and make sure it's in there securely. I heard something too and found out the clamp was tight but not designed very well so the mid pipe fell out....thank God I was going slow when I heard it scraping. I had the mid pipe tack weld and so far no rattles.......knock on wood!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
JimC

The other thing to check is how far back your mufflers are on the car. If the hanger is close to the support for the rear bumper it will tap it - mine had about a quarter inch clearance on the driver side and it was just enough to tap it, I could see the marks where it was hitting when it was on the hoist, but all was well after a small adjustment.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:33 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Check the exhaust pipe on the right side just in front of the muffler. Can be very close to the panhard bar. Even mine with single axle-back needed a slight massage to miss hitting it.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:42 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

You paid to have someone install it... take it back and tell them to fix it?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:50 PM
cefiro80
2nd Gear Member

Check the hangers and connectors.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 PM
NeoV6

Thanks for the advice everyone. I took the car back toget it fixedin the meanwhile with no results. Afterwards, I called RPM Outlet where I ordered the systemfrom and they alsotold me about the panhard bar. I will take it back and try again.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:06 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoV6

Thanks for the advice everyone. I took the car back toget it fixedin the meanwhile with no results. Afterwards, I called RPM Outlet where I ordered the systemfrom and they alsotold me about the panhard bar. I will take it back and try again.
Wow...you actually got someone on the phone from RPM Outlet to speak to you???

Most members here have had very bad luck dealing with that company. I tried calling them back in the summer to order my set up from them but they either would pick the phone up and hang up or not answer at all. I even tried sending them an email which they never responded to. I ended buying my parts from V6MustangStuff.

You have been lucky so far, I wouldn't press my luck with them. Just do a search on RPM Outlet here on this forum and you'll see what I mean.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
NeoV6

I took the stang back and had it ajusted. This time it worked. I love the Corsa sound. I'm hopefully off to my next mode now!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Did they weld the pypes over axle pipe to the x pipe or use the clamps? Im gonna have the same setup only with pypes muffer deletes got it all from rpm.

Quick Reply: Muffler System Rattle