Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

more dual exhaust ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
weirdo42

Default more dual exhaust ?s

Hello everyone.Ihave been looking through these forums the past few months debating on whether or not to put duals on my 07 v6 and after readingmany ofyour post, I have decided to go for it.

I wonderingwhat the best bang for yourbuck in terms ofset-up was. I know I want the GT take offs for surebutIdon't know which setup and company to go with for the rest. Also,unfortunatelyI don't know anything about cars and I don't have the tools or confidence to do any of the labor myself. I was wondering if anybody living in Southern California could help me out with suggestions onwhomI might be abletake everythingto and get itconverted for a fair price and good job. And lastly approxhow much everything is going to cost me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:31 PM
JimC

Default RE: more dual exhaust ?s

Can't help you with California issues, but the best bang for the buck would be to get the driver sideover axlepipe from the dealer, and get either an X or H pipe to be put in after cutting out your Y pipe. You may be able to find a full set on Ebay (there is one on there now I believe) ora Ford Racing X pipe and then get the driver side over axle pipe from the dealer. You will also need to pick up 2 hangers for the muffler on the driver side - you can get them from Pypes or v6mustangstuff.com or maybe get them from a junkyard (the 2 hangers that you need can come from either a V6 or GT because they are the same on each side)
Old 01-12-2008, 12:55 AM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

well... i'm from socal... and I plan on converting to duals soon (when I get a free weekend). after about 3 months of researching and seeing multiple write-ups, I opted for the JBA setup with some GT takeoffs (that came with my car when i bought it from its previous owner). as far as finding places to go to get work done, well, i can't help you there. i'll be putting on the system myself (with the help of my father), which will save me some money.

my cost:
$360 shipped JBA midpipes (h-pipe setup) from v6mustangstuff.com
(free) GT takeoff mufflers

I'm guessing you can expect to pay anywhere from $450 to $650 for the whole system and installation... at least with the route I chose.

you might want to look around, like midas or some local muffler shops and get some quotes? where from socal are you? i'm in OC but i don't know of too many good shops locally.... although I don't mind looking (just for reference)! I'm guessing most shops could even fabricate a system to work for you - at what quality or effectiveness is anyone's guess though.

A pypes x-pipe is about $80 less i believe from that same website... but it really depends on your taste.

If you're willing to wait I can let you know how things go with my setup (since you're looking into something similar), but I can't guarentee it'll be on very soon....

hope this helps!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

I bought GT takeoffs from ebay, $35.00. Went to a local Midas shop, they made the drivers exhaust pipe, made the h-pipe and connected everything for $153.00.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

i would doubt however that places like midas can do mandrel bending of the pipes, hence the low costs
Old 01-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

i would doubt however that places like midas can do mandrel bending of the pipes, hence the low costs
Mine came out perfect. I'm happy.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I bought Pypes X pipes and mid pipes from V6MustangStuff for $315. Since they are a forum sponsor, they didn't charge S&H. I bought two GT Mufflers for $80.00.
However, I paid this shop to cut my bumper and install the duals for $200. If you shop around, the prices will vary on installation from $75-250.

If I had to do it all over again, I would go with the Ford's setup below. They include Corsa Mufflers as well as the X-pipe and mid pipe. Plus Fords clamps are waaaaaay better than Pypes!

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910
Old 01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
JimC

I don't think that the FRPP comes with Corsa mufflers, it is the Ford GTA.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

yea theres no way your gonna get a complete dual set up with corsas for the price of just corsa axle backs, the FRPP is the GTA's
Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 AM
weirdo42

thanks everyone for the input! still looking for a good shop in the los angeles area, if you know of anything please let me know. thanks!

Quick Reply: more dual exhaust ?s