Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

I got 2 questions for anyone who can help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:05 PM
1badV6
2nd Gear Member

Default I got 2 questions for anyone who can help

Im looking to get an underdrive pully possibly and my question is that with an UD pulley will it take away from my alternator only reason i ask is that i have a small system im running nothing to big like 600watts and i dont want to take away from the charging system and im also going to be adding a highs amp and different speakers to my system so another 300 watt ampi have a 2 farad capacitor on my system but was just wondering about it taking away from the charging system cuz ive read about that b4 and if anyone could tell me which one would be best to get if i get one please?

my last question is i have the airraid intake and doesnt require a tune does that means its not as good as the ones that require a tune im gonna be tuning my car and was thinking of getting the one SCT sells with the intake neck and filter and just get a coupler and put it on the end of my Airraid tube. but i dont want to spend the extra cash if i dont need to im having the car dyno tuned by a place by me called Akron Horsepower just wanted to get some 411 b4 i spend the cash any help would be very much appreciated thank you and have a great week!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
OK2LOOK

Default RE: I got 2 questions for anyone who can help

as far as the intake story goes, i think the ones that take a tune are a few HP better, but i have a K&N that didnt need a tune and im going to get a tune now... but i mean its the tune that does the most i think. the intake shouldnt have a huge difference. but i think the prices for them to be bundled is alittle better but i have not looked i would just guess they would be. hope that helps alittle
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 AM
darkhorse87

I dont know what kind of alternator you have, but if you decided to put underdrive pulleys on I would deff upgrade your alternator too considering your drawing more electrical current. No one likes a dead battery. As far which company to choose from, it up to you. I'v always felt that March makes good accessory drive stuff. BBK is quality, and you cant go wrong with Ford racing either. But everyone will tell you diffrently, so its up to you man
Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

These arean't cheap, but they are VERY nice and provide full power to your alternator when you buy the enitre set -

http://www.zabteck.com/pulleys.htm
Old 02-17-2008, 12:52 PM
hondo928

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

These arean't cheap, but they are VERY nice and provide full power to your alternator when you buy the enitre set -

Those look nice and I like that they come in 3 colors, a little dress-up never hurt anyone. Do you have these? Or know anyone who has. I'm a little concerned about getting something from a company I've never heard of and the website looks somewhat questionable. Also with the set what type of HP are you getting?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: hondo928

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

Those look nice and I like that they come in 3 colors, a little dress-up never hurt anyone. Do you have these? Or know anyone who has. I'm a little concerned about getting something from a company I've never heard of and the website looks somewhat questionable. Also with the set what type of HP are you getting?
I do not have these - I found them elsewhere. Zabtech also makes a new throtle body for the 4.0L.I will not say whether their TB is good or bad, but it is being used by boss244, which is the quickestNA 4.0L.