Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

i bought a hooker LTH,ready for the installation, a word stops all!(need a help)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 PM
N Silent World

Red face i bought a hooker LTH,ready for the installation, a word stops all!(need a help)

hi guys, i am ready to install the new header, but when i took a look at the sheet comes with it , it's written like this :

warning! breaking in an engine with ceramic-coated headers will result in damage to the coating and will void all warranties. ceramic-coated headers requier several heat cycles to fully cure before they will withstand extreme heat. hooker recommends using a cast-iron exhaust mainfold or an old header to break in new engines to avoid coating damage.

i can't actually install the headers before i know the meaning of (break in) and what supposed to do , i'm afraid of damaging the coating for any reason, i also dont know if i need a header tape or an insulator, i don't know the best way to install it , can anyone explain me a little bit???.Actually my native language isn't english so thats why i'm asking u're help.I know that this thread is not interesting but i don't have an other way so i'm sorry.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

Don't put them on a new engine, because the mixture/timing is often incorrect. Then the EGT is too high and it will burn through the coating.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
N Silent World

thanks......