MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.0L V6 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions-66/)
-   -   V6 Looking for more Performance (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions/493214-v6-looking-for-more-performance.html)

RPM3DINC 10-27-2008 11:47 AM

V6 Looking for more Performance

I have 2006 V6 (See animation in my signature), Full Cervini's Kit... I have added basically 35HP roughly to the stock 210... but I am looking for more... I have been eyeing the Computer mods like the LiveWire, etc...

Bascially I would like to get more RW horsepower, cause right now I feel like I have none, can't even do a simple burnout, wheels don't spin, etc... I have great accelaration, however I feel overall everything could just be better, will one of the performance computers help at all? Or would I just be wasting $400-$600?

Which is the best for the money? Obviuosly I want to have the power to "Play", but also want the ability to get a little better Gas Mileage when needed as well...

Am I dreaming, or is there something out there on the market that is in the $400-$600 that will do what I am looking for?

cam2904 10-27-2008 12:10 PM

I currently have an Xcal 3. I would order a custim tune from bama, VmP, or brenspeed. Wha type of performance mods do you currently have.

maxshuty 10-27-2008 12:25 PM

The Tuners will help but also get a CAI if you getting the tuner

Your best bet would be to save and Turbo or Supercharge it.

lurkmoar 10-27-2008 12:27 PM

x-cal 3 with bama tunes is exactly what you're looking for.

Black Mamba GTT 10-27-2008 12:50 PM

Even with a tune I don't think you will be able to do a burn out. Even so it would only be a one wheel burn out. I would get some gears, t lok, and then turbo it. But it would be costing a buttload of mula!!! From the looks of it, I don't think you will have a problem.

melo15fan15 10-27-2008 01:16 PM

yea, your car looks great man, but if you want some serious power just grab an x charger lol

Mustang_Joe 10-27-2008 01:57 PM

Get the tuner and a t-lok(so you don't do 1 wheel burnouts :) ). BTW, what do you have done to the car that has given it 35hp more? A mods list of what you have done can help us suggest what is best for what you are looking for.

BigGameHunter589 10-27-2008 02:02 PM

is your v6 auto? I don't have a problem doing my silly one tire burn out with just a tune and cai with stick.. but yeah go with the cai/tune and if you want to do cool burnouts go with t-lock

lurkmoar 10-27-2008 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Black Mamba GTT (Post 5589499)
Even with a tune I don't think you will be able to do a burn out. Even so it would only be a one wheel burn out. I would get some gears, t lok, and then turbo it. But it would be costing a buttload of mula!!! From the looks of it, I don't think you will have a problem.

My auto sixer does one wheels peels and burnouts with ease. All I have is intake/tune/axle back. There is no better performance mod for the money than an x-cal with custom tunes.

Derf00 10-27-2008 02:18 PM

Burnout should be no problem for a V6 (even auto) just turn off TC, Hit the brakes, Rev to 2500RPM and slowly let off the brake. If needed, drop into 1st gear before reving the motor to keep it from upshifting mid burnout.