Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

GT500 Rear bumper soon to come

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default GT500 Rear bumper soon to come

So I'm getting the GT500 Front fascia, and soon after I will be getting the GT500 Rear bumper.

Does anyone know how the install works on the rear bumper? Is it a bolt on type of deal or does it require a rivot gun and stuff?

And what dual exhaust system should I get with it, and is the exhaust spacing on the GT500 the same as a normal Mustang GT's exhaust spacing (distance between exhaust tip cutouts the same)?

ex for exhaust:
Old 12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

as discussed, not sure about the bumper since I haven't replaced mine yet, but the exhaust is the same....you should have no worries there.

as far as what exhaust to go with, depends of the "sound" that you are looking to achieve and the price you are willing to pay. I have run Flowmasters since day one and really liked the sound of them, but will be swapping over to the Borla Stingers as soon as I possibly can from Southern Mustang.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Anyone know how the install works?

As for sound I'm looking for something that sounds bada** but nothing too loud...I frequently drive around passed midnight in my car so if it was too loud I'd get a bunch of noise violations.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

You will need a rivet gun but swapping the rear bumper shouldn't take more than hour or 2.

My wife went to the store for a couple of hours & left the car so I could detail it. I installed the GT rear bumper without her knowing.

She wouldn't of been happy to see her new car looking like this.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:21 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Here is the CS version. Matches better with GT's as the sides get paint. V6's got better with the GT500's as they have the same side skirts.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Yeah I've got my mind made up with getting the GT500. Does anyone know of an install guide online?? Theres no way I'm going to be able to install one without it!!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:34 PM
pthurm_28
2nd Gear Member

did you get the front bumper from the dealer or did you get it online just wondering because I would like to do this if it isn't to expensive

not trying to jack the post just trying to get info
Old 12-21-2008, 11:10 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pthurm_28
did you get the front bumper from the dealer or did you get it online just wondering because I would like to do this if it isn't to expensive

not trying to jack the post just trying to get info
pthurm, you've probably read this in other posts, but call Kevin Casey at Clevenger Ford if you're looking at getting the GT500 parts. His number is 559.784.6000 and he is a great guy to do business with.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:33 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

pthurm, you've probably read this in other posts, but call Kevin Casey at Clevenger Ford if you're looking at getting the GT500 parts. His number is 559.784.6000 and he is a great guy to do business with.
So this is pretty much the best way to go with getting take off gt500 parts for our v6 mustangs? Is there an easier way to do it? I want cheap, pre-painted, and shipped, easy as possible.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:40 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NuclearMuscle523
So this is pretty much the best way to go with getting take off gt500 parts for our v6 mustangs? Is there an easier way to do it? I want cheap, pre-painted, and shipped, easy as possible.
You make it sound so simple but it truley isn't!! :P

They dont come pre-painted, you have to get them painted, and its not exactly cheap at $1500-$2000!! But yes, Kevin Casey (from what I hear) is the very best to go through, not only does he have the best prices, but he also sends everything you need so you dont need to make a million trips to places for different parts.

I'm ordering my kit within the next two days though! I'm so excited!

Quick Reply: GT500 Rear bumper soon to come