Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

weighing options twin turbo vs cammed intercooled x-charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:55 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I haven't read through this thread but Ive just gotta add that when you pop your hood and people see a Twin Turbo v6 they will probably s*** themselves. (sorry for language)
Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Well I hit up Dave about the intercooler, and I got a response:

Hi,

Like many businesses we are affected by the economic turndown. The The X-CHARGER XTREME intercooled model is on hold. The parts have been designed and the tooling built, we even have some of the unique intercooler parts in stock. We have enough cash in our business for us to last a year or more with very low sales and we have decided to conserve our cash rather than spend it on new parts. We want to be here to serve our X-C customers in 2010 and beyond. As soon as the economy seems to be turning we will order the IC parts and have the IC option available approx 45 days after we order the parts.

The good news for us: Mustang X-C #100 should go out this month.

For more information, give us a call at 707-254-7025 Monday thru Thursday 10AM to 4PM Pacific time.

Thanks for your inquiry,
Dave Vanek
dave@explorerexpress.com
Old 01-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
Well I hit up Dave about the intercooler, and I got a response:

Hi,

Like many businesses we are affected by the economic turndown. The The X-CHARGER XTREME intercooled model is on hold. The parts have been designed and the tooling built, we even have some of the unique intercooler parts in stock. We have enough cash in our business for us to last a year or more with very low sales and we have decided to conserve our cash rather than spend it on new parts. We want to be here to serve our X-C customers in 2010 and beyond. As soon as the economy seems to be turning we will order the IC parts and have the IC option available approx 45 days after we order the parts.

Thanks for your inquiry,
Dave Vanek
dave@explorerexpress.com

Thanks, Mr. Bape, for posting this. I hope it will help folks be understanding... about when the intercooler will be for sale. The economy is hitting everyone hard, and that includes the aftermarket industry for automotive enthusiasts. With the aftermarket for Mustang parts being pretty much a "luxury" situation, people are more interested these days in spending their money on necessities for daily living. I have no doubt that, when things are better, Dave will move forward on the intercooler.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Russ