Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

HOW TO: V6 dual GT mufflers w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: HOW TO: V6 dual GT mufflers w/ pics

ORIGINAL: Stangman106

Ok you guys am a new guy with the whole Mod business

I am about to buy Dual GT Take Off's, what else do i need to buy to have them both work properly? and how much is it all going to cost (not including the GT Take Off's i already know how much to pay)

*GT Take Offs includes the pipes it says
Not sure what set up you want. Look around there are some who have installed Y pipe, H pipe and X pipe. Ford does sell the X-pipe conversion kit for our cars.
I bought my PypesX-pipe & mid pipe from V6Mustang Stuff, before Ford came out with their kit.They are one of the sponsors for this forum and probably will give you a discount. If you go with Ford, you will get a warranty with it. Honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I would get the Ford V6 Dual Conversion Kit. It comes with everything you will need.
If you go another route, you will have to purchase a Ford clamp. Pypes has one in their kit, but it's substandard.

Here's the link for the Ford kit....if you know someone that can get it for you at wholesale, it will cost about 1/2 as much;

https://mustangforums.com/post.asp?d...amp;toStyle=tm
Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Quick question...

After reading a new thread recently... I was wondering if anyone had any sound clips of an H-pipe setup with MRT Aeroturbines or SLP's setup on their v6. Does anyone have dual MRT Aeroturbines or SLP's? I'm not really looking to match up to the GT sound at all (I would buy one later for that). I want the "crap in your pants when your floor it" sound while keeping it legal at cruising lol. Still want the low grumble I get with my single MRT Aeroturbine which is why I was looking into hearing how duals sounded compared to the already recorded JBA's or MACs etc...

Okay so it wasn't exactly a quick question... :P
Old 06-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Disregard this post. I clicked a link in another thread and itmade thispost. Now I can't delete it.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
conmit

Default Any pictures of the pipe

I took the car to Midas and they did the rest. They ran a 2-1/2" pipe from the front of the muffler over the axle and up to the left headpipe. They cut into the headpipe and welded the new pipe to the opening. They had to remove the existing harmonic balancer off of the right pipe. I've driven it about 50 miles and have not noticed any new vibration (it has always had a little vibration right at 2100 RPM, it's still there but not worse).

--
Do you have any pictures of the pipes running underneath the car? My installation vibrates when the car stops.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:05 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

The only picture I have is this one. I was showing how poor Pypes clamps are compared to Ford. Sorry for the low quality....it was with my cell phone;

Old 03-08-2010, 04:03 PM
brutedawg20
1st Gear Member

here are some pics of my pipes under the car,
I get a little vibration when I stop ususally when the car is cold. It goesa away, and doesnt seem to do it all the time....actually havent noticed it in the last couple days.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...-mid-pipe.html
Old 03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Glad this thread came back. Hopefully I'll get my duals installed within the next couple of weeks. I just need some time to cut the bumper.

Midas huh? I'll have to check them out. Most of the muffler places around here wont do custom work. All I want are straight pipes and finding someone to do that is a pain...

Last edited by Deadbeat; 03-09-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Sweet looking ride man! I did the conversion as well. I started with just dual pipes coming out of my Y pipe. It sounded pretty good. Then I went to an H pipe, which I have now, and it sounds great. The Y pipe is so restrictive. I've went through five sets of mufflers..... Stock, Flowmaster 40s, Magnaflows, Boomtubes, Flowmaster American Thunder Classics, and now I should have my SLP Loudmouths tomorrow. With the true dual setup and H pipe my V6 sounds mean. I'm hoping the Loudmouths will give me that roar I'm looking for. Like I said in my post from today, the quest for the perfect exhaust never ends!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

^
I didnt see those flames until now! Looks nice on your car. Ever think of buying the Agent 47 mirrors to finish her off?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Deadbeat
^
I didnt see those flames until now! Looks nice on your car. Ever think of buying the Agent 47 mirrors to finish her off?
Thanks man! You know, I've never really seen them. I've heard of them but haven't seen them. What are the significance of the Agent 47 mirrors? I've heard a lot about them.

Never mind..... I looked them up and it all came back to me! Ha. I think they're cool. I have to see if they're available for the 2010. From what I've seen they're for the 2005-2009s (different size than mine).

Last edited by discodave; 03-10-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: V6 dual GT mufflers w/ pics