Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger and our 4.0's??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by cvz_finezt
they can make a honest 300rwhp and tq to match with an intercooled system.
I am fairly sure they can make more than that with an intercooled unit, consider the non-intercooled can do almost 290+
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

oh yeah I want one of these, I make 200hp without any supercharger already so this would be a nice add on in the near future.

So do you guys see worse gas mileage with the supercharger? I mean its my daily driver so I'm trying not to trade up for bad mpgs in case gas prices sky rocket again
Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

300+ is easily attainable with a centri, just make sure it's aftercooled.
I've been running a Vortech on my 6'er for almost 2 years.

The tranny will hold up, but the stock V6 rear end wont. Do a search on '8'8 swaps' or '7.5 trac-loc'; there's plenty of lively threads around. Otherwise you're essentially good to go, but you'll want to do other upgrades eventually.

As far as reduced fuel mileage, yeah it's less; my highway mpg dropped maybe 1-2 mpg tops, but around town is quite a bit less. Partly because it's so damn fun (and as such, a heavy foot doesn't help). But also partly because with more air, you'll use more fuel to keep a safe air/fuel mixture.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

why do people put down the 4.0's?? look at the 5-7k price difference, I think once I get that amount of money worth of parts put into my car a stock GT couldn't even touch it or am I wrong about only a 90hp difference and a 5-7k price difference.........
Old 03-19-2009, 01:43 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

^ they put it down simply because of the fact that its a V6 MUSTANG with a truck motor... thats the only real reason... cuz several people believe that a "real" mustang has to have a V8... but that argument can go on forever lol. but the 4.0 IMO is a good platform and pioneers such as Afixer and Rygen and Buckman have done extraordinary things for the car and set the groundwork for many to follow
Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

The Viper V10 is based off a truck motor too.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:23 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wolfpup
^ they put it down simply because of the fact that its a V6 MUSTANG with a truck motor... thats the only real reason... cuz several people believe that a "real" mustang has to have a V8... but that argument can go on forever lol. but the 4.0 IMO is a good platform and pioneers such as Afixer and Rygen and Buckman have done extraordinary things for the car and set the groundwork for many to follow

Ok well first I am asking that because I have noticed a little down talking it on here but today I was talking to a guy at work about his GT and he started talking about how weak my car is......... Second I see the power and price difference but I also see how fast my car is and how you can make it better for cheaper. I see nothing wrong with a engine truck or car if its strong and puts out speed what is the problem isn't that why we all have mustangs??? Also it's a v6 yea, but it's not the same v6 you get in a toyota and also not as weak as other v6's..........

Last edited by dhollie86; 03-19-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: ...
Old 03-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dhollie86
why do people put down the 4.0's?? look at the 5-7k price difference, I think once I get that amount of money worth of parts put into my car a stock GT couldn't even touch it or am I wrong about only a 90hp difference and a 5-7k price difference.........
There have been about 10,000 supercharger sales for the GT, and about 250 for the v6. It's not the car, about 400 hp is nothing to laugh at especially seeing as the supercharged 2010 Roush will have 435 hp /400 tq. It seems the issue is the drivers who have cars with no street credit.

The v6 can be modded to be incredibly powerful for the money, so there's no reason to disrespect the car itself I'd say.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:29 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
There have been about 10,000 supercharger sales for the GT, and about 250 for the v6. It's not the car, about 400 hp is nothing to laugh at especially seeing as the supercharged 2010 Roush will have 435 hp /400 tq. It seems the issue is the drivers who have cars with no street credit.

The v6 can be modded to be incredibly powerful for the money, so there's no reason to disrespect the car itself I'd say.
I don't really see what you mean by drivers who have cars with no street credit I have the v6 I ordered my cai 2 weeks ago and next week I will order my 70mm throttle body and some headers no one can see what I have under the hood but a guy at my job was putting the 4.0's down if you go by stock power his has more street credit but mine will because I am actually going to mod it he isn't doing anything but the GT logo shows it has something mine just won't have a 2 inch badge and some racing stripes so is that what you meant by street credit?? what did you mean??? and I don't know if I am coming of to be bi**hing or angry, if I am coming off that way i'm not I am seriously just wondering why its like that between the cars
Old 03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
clintster77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
I've been running a Vortech on my 6'er for almost 2 years.

The tranny will hold up, but the stock V6 rear end wont.
which vortech kit 8psi or 10psi ?

Every one keeps saying the rear end won't hold up . But I have not actually seen a first hand post that their 7.5 has broke. not to say that their has not been one break . I would like a few sources for this .

The main weakness I see in the 7.5 is no posi .And If I was going to buy gears and a posi for a 7.5 I would add a few $$ to the total including install and put a 8.8 in myself for close to the same price .

Quick Reply: Supercharger and our 4.0's??