Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Fog lights harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:48 PM
StangPride757

Default Fog lights harness

I just got my Street Scene grill, 2 foglights and the wiring harness. These are the instructions from off line to hook the wiring harness up..

http://www.streetsceneeq.com/instruc.../950-73591.pdf

Ive done everything and I still cant get the lights on.. Im guessing it gets to step 14 where the wires are to be spliced. From what I understand is I took the red/white wire( light red/pinkish looking with white) out the hook up to the light switch and put the red wire from the harness and put the splice connector on it.. Im taking it that was what Im suppose to do. Still nothing. I just dont get it. Along with that.

Im guessing Step 6 with the little hook up that goes in the fuse box was hooked right. Is there anything else that I may have missed or messed up Im stumped..
Old 04-04-2009, 03:22 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Are you using the rocker switch that comes with the kit? Do you have 12v test light?
Did you install the wiretap correctly?

Last edited by GrayPony; 04-04-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:49 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

the wire going to the switch is a ground. if everything is hooked up properly just ground the wire and the lights should go on. i chose not to use the switch and got a gt switch and just taped into the wire that would normally turn on the fogs if it had them. its a cleaner look in my opinion. nice car in the pdf photos by the way. oh wait its mine.LOL
Old 04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
StangPride757

Originally Posted by GrayPony
Are you using the rocker switch that comes with the kit? Do you have 12v test light?
Did you install the wiretap correctly?
Yes I am using the rocker switch that came with it. No I dont have a 12v test light, I can get one though.. As far as I know I did the wire tap right. I took that red pinkish wire with the white stripe out the light switch and used the splicer connection with the red line on the switch.. Unless maybe its not that wire that I took out the switch.. Said red wire with white stripe and thats the only one though...

Im useless to wiring stuff but figured Id attempt to learn and it doesnt look hard at all..
Old 04-04-2009, 04:03 PM
StangPride757

Originally Posted by afixer
the wire going to the switch is a ground. if everything is hooked up properly just ground the wire and the lights should go on. i chose not to use the switch and got a gt switch and just taped into the wire that would normally turn on the fogs if it had them. its a cleaner look in my opinion. nice car in the pdf photos by the way. oh wait its mine.LOL
So its a ground wire which is i think the black one which was toward the front that I bolted on the body.. Then I have the red wire on the switch which is suppose to hook up to one of the wires that are on the OEM light switch.. Im sure it means for me to take that red/wire out the hook up, put in the splice connector with that red wire on the switch and bam should be ok.. Its not though. I wonder if that the right wire that I took out. Hope I dont confuse everybody.. I so hate wiring stuff