Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New 2009 V6

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:13 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Single GT-Take off is definately a great "bang for buck" mod, but you mentioned getting borlas which, to me, are the best "money is not issue i just want the best sound for my v6" mod. Btw, lethal, I appreciate those vids because I've always wondered what my car sounds like but have no one to drive my manual transmission while i listen, thanks lol
Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

ok, now I have an automatic, is all this the same with an auto?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
Congrats and welcome.

I would definetley go with the C&L and Tuner it is the best mod i have ever done, its like a whole new car!
I have the combo kit and i did a write up on how to install it
https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...with-pics.html
Very easy!

as for the exhaust, the GT single takeoff muffler is a failsafe!
its not too loud or weak it sounds Burley!
Wow!!! that is awesome, and it seems pretty easy to do. Being I am a girl, I am sure I can get someone to help me install!! All I need to do is print out your instructions!!!

How do I know what to set the tune to? or does it do it automatically?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:32 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

one more question, how about my warranty, will I mess it up doing it myself?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

when you order the tuner, one of the things you have to fill out is what tunes you want. being in California, we dont have 93 octane so i went with the 91 octane.
the tunes i ordered were the 87 performance (Incase i could not find a gas station with 91)
91 race and 91 torque. The Race tune is definetley the best one!

all you need to do is plug the tuner into the ODB II port and follow the instructions on the screen. it will save your factory tune and then load the new tune onto your car.

THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!
but if you need to take her back to the dealer for anything. Just put your stock air intake back on and your tuner will have a setting saying FLASH TO STOCK. do that and the dealership will never know!

Same goes for if you need a SMOG test. throw the stock suff back on. takes like 20 mins. and your good to go.

and you wont mess it up, just follow the post i put up on how to do it and you should be golden!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:34 PM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

as always, THANK YOU!!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the single GT takeoff. I have an auto convertible. I ride with the top down most of the time, so I wanted a nice growl but not a drone. I found the GT takeoffs on EBay for about 50 bucks. I installed just one, thinking I could do duals if I wasn't satisfied. After the single GT swap, I noticed an immediate improvement in acceleration and a pleasant, throaty growl. It's not in the same league as the GT with duals, but the car sounds like a sports car now and not a truck. I've read that going with duals may even decrease hp a bit because there's too much flow.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

ok, y'all have me almost convinced on the GT take off..easy for me to install myself?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCGirl
ok, y'all have me almost convinced on the GT take off..easy for me to install myself?
Its the perfect starter mod for you. It will build your modding confidence as far as your mechanical ability, your research & decision making and the overall satisfaction with the upgrade. Do it!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:36 PM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

I love the encouragement!!!! THANK YOU!

Quick Reply: New 2009 V6