Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Poor Bamachips cs, do I have options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Been watching this one with interest, finally decided to give my opinion for what its worth. I know, opinions are like ********, everyone's got one. As follows...

Your situation is unique...

The response you got is rare, but also, your history with this car in general is...well...you learned a lot about boosted applications since you joined up. You had a very bad mishap with your car early on by running the Xcharger without a tune. So you are probably very cautious when it comes to the car, and quick to assume something is wrong every time you hear a odd noise, or are told the car is is not running properly, etc. By the way, if its running richer than mid 10's, you will see black build up on the inside of your muffler tips.

Shops/Tuners are human...

I had a similar discussion about admin/mod staff on a site once. The fact of the matter is, these guys are human. And they are allowed to get pissed, especially if its deserved. I find it funny how customers hold people to such higher standards than themselves. They are allowed to be jack asses, but the shop, tuner, company, etc is not allowed to have a temper when they receive crap? **** that.

Also, when you get heavy into modding cars, you learn you have to build a relationship with the shop, tuner, manufacturer, etc. If I got into an argument with my shop (and I have), I would never post the email chain on the net (there's no class in that). There has to be some trust there, and sometimes, both have to meet in the middle.

Out of context..

Your email correspondence is cut/paste. It does not include email headers or anything like that, so it could have possibly been taken out of context, what did the entire email chain look like, all it takes is a short snotty one word response to invoke someones wrath? Who knows, and frankly, who cares, it shouldn't have been posted to begin with.

Lastly...

Man up! Fix the problem not the blame (or perceived blame). If someone gave you **** for going to a **** dyno, then call him and settle it like men. No need to whine like a bitch about it. Then, once you settle that, take it to a reputable dyno and get him the data he needs. If you can't settle it with him, look up a local reputable shop (that knows mustangs!) and get it re-tuned. Just make sure you got about 300 bucks.

Last edited by rygenstormlocke; 05-31-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:28 AM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Well, I knew when I was going to post this that it was going to hurt some feelings, and result in a really long and drawn out explaination about me being out of line for expecting someone to treat their customers(the ones giving them money) with a little respect. You are right, I am new to this, and I did **** up my car which means I need help. When I have to move the XCharger from engine to engine, car to car, by a problem I have caused, Dave sends me the gaskets I need at a reduced cost, and wishes me luck with the thing! What do I do for him in return? Not post a nasty thread about him, but post a poll about the intercooler, to help him in exchange. Everybody has their own way of dealing with things, and you can't say that your way is the best either. Also, I know something is wrong with the car, it completely bogged out with the wet-x engaged.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Is theis the wet-x kit from Doug.. or a generic kit? You mounted the jet in the elbow behind the blower at the correct angle?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:20 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

From Doug, installed just as described with Daves' help. In fact, I just did a test run down the street, results on another thread. Things are running fine now, but at the dyno the car was alot hotter having to drive an hour to get there, either that or not having mufflers on the car contributed.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Mufflers should have no impact. Do you have a wideband and a laptop?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
NuclearMuscle523

I have a laptop. Also I have a tool from matco, pro scan plus. It does Datastream. Thats about it.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

While I don't agree with your approach, I do appreciate the fact that you want to know more about the car, and when it has issues...you want to solve them. Good on the laptop note.

When you have the funds, I would get a wide band, and then download livelink, and data log the following:
  • AFR (should be analog interace, you will need to enter a formula, but the software has all the widebands pre-entered, its pretty easy)
  • IAT
  • ECT
  • MAF Counts
  • LOAD
  • SPARK ADVANCE
  • Rpm
  • MPH (vehicle speed)
  • Short term trims 1
  • Short term trims 2

This will give you a good idea what the car is doing, how much timing its running, temps, air-fuel, etc. It's well worth the exercise for knowing what your car is doing, and when.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

[rant]
I've also one of the rare few who has received poor customer service..

I e-mailed Doug 3 separate times inquiring something about my 91 octane tune, no reply. I e-mailed him through my account on the website, waited 2 weeks no reply. I e-mailed him on my yahoo account, no reply. Waited another 2 weeks and e-mailed him again, and till this day I have no received anything.

[/rant]

sorry for the rant as well.. not really relevant to this thread but you aren't the only one out there.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Hmm that is out of line of Doug from what I have heard about him. When I first read that I was thinking to myself I wouldn't buy from him, but then when you think about it I definitely would buy from him... I've heard MOSTLY good things and everyone has bad days -- you've always gotta think about how bad there day could have been.....

Anyways OP I would definitely go to a Dynojet and get it properly dynotuned, or at least get the results so that Doug can figure out what the heck the problem is. I know it's extra money but in the realm of things I'm sure it's really worth it...
Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Avalanch3
[rant]
I've also one of the rare few who has received poor customer service..

I e-mailed Doug 3 separate times inquiring something about my 91 octane tune, no reply. I e-mailed him through my account on the website, waited 2 weeks no reply. I e-mailed him on my yahoo account, no reply. Waited another 2 weeks and e-mailed him again, and till this day I have no received anything.

[/rant]

sorry for the rant as well.. not really relevant to this thread but you aren't the only one out there.
Sorry for your experience. Maybe your emailing the wrong account? I emailed him that i need an update tune cuz i just got my LTs in and he replied back within 10 hours and said hell give it to me for free and all he needs is my customer name or order number from the past. Very nice guy and prompt. Did you email him here? bamachips@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Poor Bamachips cs, do I have options?