Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Diablosport and fuel mixture/limiters?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:30 PM
michaeleo

Default Diablosport and fuel mixture/limiters?

Okay so I got the diablosport predator tuner for my 2005 - 6 banger.

I understand how to load the dyno'ed presets and such (so to speak)

A few questions....

I was going to burn the fuel up until it's about 1/8 or less of a tank, then pump premium and run it a bit, then put in the 93 octane preload.

Will the sudden swap from regular to premium do anything funky to my engine? Should I burn the regular to bone dry and coast to the pump or is less than 1/8 tank or fuel lighting okay? I hate the idea of going bone dry because it could screw up the fuel pump...??

The limiters:

I understand the speed limiter removal could potentially increase my top speed. My Speedo only goes to 120.. I can max that easy as is, and my primary need for speed is more on the 1/8 - 1/4 facet with friends. I will NEVER hit 120+ in this car on a 1/4 or less strip... No matter how much I bolt on or even with spray....

So is it still a good idea to remove the speed limiter? Can it hurt my baby? If after parts and such if I have some strange desire to go over 120 (wild hair or whatever) are there custom speedo's that anyone knows of?

Rev Limiter: What does this one do exactly? Does it cap the RPM? Do I really want to remove this? If I do, is it as simple as just watching to make sure I don't redline?

Shift Changes: Supposedly this thing allows you to change what point your auto tranny will shift? Why would I want to change this? Should I wait until my gear swap to even worry about this one?

Thanks!
Mike
Old 06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
chrisverneuil19
1st Gear Member

Hey ive got a 08 v6 also with the diablo predator. I took off the speed limiter even though i havnt gone over 105, I raised the revlimiter i can now go 100 roughly in 3rd gear. I have a auto with the firmer shift So much differnet in shifting. Instead of slowly engaging in gears in slams them. You will not harm to motor from going 87 to 93. I wouldnt recomend running the tank bone dry either. I havnt messed with the shift points dont need too its for the lower rpms.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:33 PM
michaeleo

I ran it to the fuel light. Pumped in some 93 octane and applied the 93 tune. It's NICE!

Okay since it probably won't break my engine and tranny, I'll take off the speed and rev limiters. Seems like alot of people have done it, and havn't heard any complaints...

I'll post how it goes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the 05 driveshaft only supports about 115 btw, you might want to keep it below that if you want to live....
Old 06-28-2009, 09:14 PM
michaeleo

Originally Posted by howarmat
the 05 driveshaft only supports about 115 btw, you might want to keep it below that if you want to live....
I don't generally go above 110 even while screwing with someone on the road... Not ALOT of fast cars in the area with people willing to risk a ticket... or atleast I havn't seen many...

Can't I buy a replacement drive shaft?? I don't usually go that fast, but why not be prepared?

Also, I took off the speed limiter, and went with the agressive shift tune. The speed limiter, not much difference since I run sprints and don't reach max speed.

The aggressive shift is cool. I definately notice more pick up and go from slow speeds or on a dig. Question thought. It feels a bit jumpy on the shifting... not overly bad, but like I was in a stick, and slammed it in gear and hit the gas like crazy. Feels like I am driving a stick (minus the shifting part) and gear changes in a racing style, little bit higher RPM's before shift, gaining more speed from the low gears. Is that normal???