Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2005 V6 needs more power!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:14 AM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by overcome1236
yea troll i have 279 posts u have 34 posts.. im just sick of every body being such babies when i tell the honest truth... every1 has liek vaginas in these forums and cry and bitch about stupid **** like... ur v6 is alot slower than a GT its a known fact .. holy sh*t iw as just saying i had a v6 and instead of upgrading it with stupid mods or a supercharger u might as well just go ahead and get the GT.... so big ****i*ng deal cry me a river that i dissed on a v6
Man, its a little disrespectful to come into the sixer forum and reply to a " i want more power out of my V6" tread with Get a GT. Maybe he is happy with his car and just wants a little more umph to make his car stand out against the blue million other V6 cars out there. That is what I want.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:08 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

before i pop off? im glad your little 6 banger is basically maxed out when i can add more power to my GT and your car prob sounds like a whining gay honda ... so have fun wit that... (pop off)
Well no, actually my "little" six banger isn't quite yet maxed out. How about you add some power to your big, bad GT then go back to the GT forum and talk some S***. I've only gotten compliments on the exhaust tone from my car, so your gay Honda comment is just lame. Once again the OP was asking how to increase power on his V6. I suppose if he was considering trading in for a GT he would have titled the thread something a little closer to that. Go troll somewhere else and yes I can say that, look at my posts.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Looks like this thread can now be closed/locked/deleted.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

okay well i gaurantee if the OP is gonna want to keep increasing power hes gonna eventually be like screw this im gonna get a GT and then when he gets the GT hes gonna be like wow i should of got this awhile ago so i was basically just informing him thats how i felt about it and see what his response was so calm down about your v6 buddy im sure your car is quick im not a troll just stop acting like a GT isnt faster drives better or sounds better... its just a better car ... i think u should of got a GT instead of doing all that stuff to your v6... and trying 2 make the front look like a GT with those foglights?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:02 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

okay well i gaurantee if the OP is gonna want to keep increasing power hes gonna eventually be like screw this im gonna get a GT and then when he gets the GT hes gonna be like wow i should of got this awhile ago so i was basically just informing him thats how i felt about it and see what his response was so calm down about your v6 buddy im sure your car is quick im not a troll just stop acting like a GT isnt faster drives better or sounds better... its just a better car ... i think u should of got a GT instead of doing all that stuff to your v6... and trying 2 make the front look like a GT with those foglights?
Trying to make your GT look like the GT500 with the front end and the poser fron and rear snake badges? If you have nothing constructive to add, don't post.

Last edited by GrayPony; 07-27-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:23 PM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

i have the GT emblems on the side buddy. i think it looks stupid without anything in the front grill and the red cobra in the back matches my red interior..
Old 07-27-2009, 04:29 PM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

and pat to your "add some power to your big bad GT comment " im actually supercharging next week and it will put around 460 rwhp... so yeah.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Anyways. If your craving more power, like we all do, you have a few options. 1. trade in and get a GT, very cliche IMO. You will have to see what kind of deal you can get on a GT and how much money you can spend. 2. You can stick to bolt ons and end up seeing around 30 more HP when all is said and done. 3. Go FI so s/c or t/c. You can get the X charger and look at making around GT power. This is the route most 6ers take when going s/c. The v6 motor can take up to 400 HP. I would recommend looking into a turbo. There are multiple companies that make a kit for the 6 such as PH or STS. You can also build your own kit if you feel confident in your skills, thats gonna run you around 3k depending on how much you can actually do yourself. I'm starting a turbo build myself and my final cost right now is just under 3k.

Consider all of your options and don't be influenced by all of the guys attempting to belittle you with there "get a GT talk."
Old 07-27-2009, 05:51 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Some things you might want to consider. First of All I have a modified V-6, and I love my car, but here is some food for though.

Most people (here) mod their V-6's to make them look/perform better. Sure the GT's are more expensive, 6-12 Grand more expensive, depending on the year, mileage, credit history, and driving record of the individual purchasing the car.

Here is what my performance mods, and some appearance mods cost on average.

C&L Cold Air intake with 93 race, 93 performance, and 87 performance tune from Bamachips (included an x-cal programmer) $600.00 shipped.....21 RWHP (when I had a Pypes single street Pro axleback muffler)

BTW....I would have a GT by now, but I cant find a Windveil blue manual GT with lower miles than mine currently has. 2006, with 21, 685......daily driven.

FRPP (Ford Racing performance parts) dual exhaust. $600.00 for parts/shipped, $300.00 install...so $900.00 (installed by Ford....so it's under warranty.) I noticed increased low end torque after this mod, over the free flowing fart-can single axleback muffler from Pypes that I had......oh and NO DRONE from the FRPP duals....you have to cut the rear bumper....but the frpp kit comes with black tailpipe/bumper covers to accent your rear tires...(most people will see you from this angle)

Shorty Antenna- $20.00, regrettably 0 HP gains on this one.......you can always hang a bed sheet from the mast of your current antenna and might see a .1 HP gain.
+1 on cool factor for exterior mods though.

The GT's and Pony package cars come with Fog lights, I spent $360.00 for my grille and fog lights another $120 to wire them....then another 150 later for the GT Switch to be installed. $650.00...this is an expensive mod, but if you can wire them yourself....you can save on this mod. +2 cool factor.

The GT's come stock with 17" wheels and better tires than our V-6's. Depending on your taste, you can easily drop between $900.00 and 3,000.00 on tire and wheel upgrade.

Rear ends, The GT's have us with 3.73 gears out back with T-lock, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this one? I have seen GT rear ends shipped for 750.00 .....the install isn't that bad from what i have heard.

The looks between the GT's and the V-6 can be argued for days on end, but what it will all boil down to is your wallet, and what you want from your car.

If you can afford the GT, and you want a street/track monster in the future, the GT can get your there.

If you want a commuter car with some respectable power to the pavement, the V-6 will do that for you.

Last edited by musicheadt; 07-27-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

I did not think the GT's came with 3.73. I thought some came with 3.55's but most were 3.31. Confirmation?

Quick Reply: 2005 V6 needs more power!!