Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Help!!! Car won't start after tune!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

wow i would leave it alone and call the nearest dealer, take it in and have the car reprogramed. it sounds like you deleted the stock tune from the tunner completely, so you will definately need a dealership to fix it. that suks
Old 12-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang-aholic
wow i would leave it alone and call the nearest dealer, take it in and have the car reprogramed. it sounds like you deleted the stock tune from the tunner completely, so you will definately need a dealership to fix it. that suks
The tuner never even had his stock tune uploaded from the sounds of things. Looks like a "tow to dealer" situation unfortunately.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 AM
TPLSTNG
1st Gear Member

Now that the tuner seems to be working OK, wouldn't it be possible to load a custom tune file on the tuner and then use it to get my car running?
If someone could please email me a canned 87 tune for the 2007 v6, I could try installing it as a custom. It's worth a try. My strategy was FMAG0M6 but at this point, I am willing to try about any basic tune for an '07 v6.
My email is chrish217 at yahoo.
Thanks.

Last edited by TPLSTNG; 12-27-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:29 AM
TPLSTNG
1st Gear Member

Just thought of something else. If other people have problems with their custom tune because a dealership reflashed their pcm with a new strategy code, then I would most likely have the same problem.
My new strategy code is ICFF1G6. Which probably means that I would need to somehow edit a 87 canned tune with that strategy code. Grrrr.
OK...so if someone sent me a 87 canned tune for a '07 v6, they would have to somehow change the strategy code to ICFF1G6 first, wouldn't they?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:38 AM
mustang51js
3rd Gear Member

i dont think you would have to tow the car, you could take the computer out and just bring that to them.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:49 AM
TPLSTNG
1st Gear Member

Is there anyone who could reflash it on a Sunday if I take it out? Does O'Reilly's, Advanced, or Autozone do that? If so, could they be trusted?

Last edited by TPLSTNG; 12-27-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TPLSTNG
Is there anyone who could reflash it on a Sunday if I take it out? Does O'Reilly's, Advanced, or Autozone do that? If so, could they be trusted?
That's a dealer type task
Old 12-27-2009, 09:52 AM
TPLSTNG
1st Gear Member

Where is the pcm located? I see 2 pcm looking modules on the driver's side kick panel but I have seen posts that talk about it being under the passenger kick panel. I have tried searching posts and google, but no luck.
Although I could have taken off the passenger panel in the time I spent doing all the searches.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TPLSTNG
Where is the pcm located? I see 2 pcm looking modules on the driver's side kick panel but I have seen posts that talk about it being under the passenger kick panel. I have tried searching posts and google, but no luck.
Although I could have taken off the passenger panel in the time I spent doing all the searches.
It's under the hood on the passenger side towards the front.

It's the silver metal box that's right next to the black fuse panel
Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 AM
TPLSTNG
1st Gear Member

Under the hood? Hell, I wasn't even close. lol
When I sold GM's, they were called ECMs. I have seen them referred to on the internet as pcm, ecm, ecu. But I guess on a Ford they are called PCMs.

Quick Reply: Help!!! Car won't start after tune!!!