Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Add Dual Exhaust 2007 v6

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:34 PM
2K7SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Yeah heres me stock stang...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwhkkmsMacY
But i am tired of the weakness..
(Cam fell over while accel... lol about the only thing my stocks can do is knock over my phone)
Old 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Duals do make it sound much better but it will never match the sound of a true V8.
If you have the parts, make the conversion, you'll be happy that you did.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Here's a video of a V6 with a close up view of a bumper cut out. The only difference is he has the FRPP X Pipe set up that comes with covers for the bumper cut outs. Other than that, it looks the same as mine;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWKTr...eature=related
I wish we could get a better picture of those covers for the bumper cut outs. Of course, even if they do look good, I doubt we could ever order them from ford with out the other $1000.00 worth of parts in the kit..lol..

I've given up searching for an easy to add on valance to the stock v6 bumper as there is none (probably wouldn't look to good anyway), when I get to the project I'm going in with the dremel...
Old 01-25-2010, 02:47 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

It's a black plastic cover. Look at this diagram;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910

Some guys who have the FRPP set up may sell you those if they have a GT bumper.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
BSRL

Originally Posted by laterider
I wish we could get a better picture of those covers for the bumper cut outs. Of course, even if they do look good, I doubt we could ever order them from ford with out the other $1000.00 worth of parts in the kit..lol..

I've given up searching for an easy to add on valance to the stock v6 bumper as there is none (probably wouldn't look to good anyway), when I get to the project I'm going in with the dremel...
Go to your local salvage yard and see if they have a wrecked GT that has the rear bumper intact. That's what I did and I got it real cheap!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
It's a black plastic cover. Look at this diagram;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910

Some guys who have the FRPP set up may sell you those if they have a GT bumper.
Thanks 07, I got a look at the install instructions too - they covers actually have several screws in plain sight that hold them on. Maybe a good look to some, but I don't care for it. I''ll try the route you took and try cutting it first, then I can always get the GT bumper.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 AM
2K7SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BSRL
Go to your local salvage yard and see if they have a wrecked GT that has the rear bumper intact. That's what I did and I got it real cheap!
i did and the one i went too wanted the price of a new one cuz it actually matched my paint the guy was a turd... ima go somewhere else if i have too, its just ridiculous!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

this is why i love how ford made the lower portion of the bumper an extra piece on the 2010's theres no need to cut your bumper or get a gt bumper..i mean you could if you want, but the route i went was buying the lower bumper portion from FRPP

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11112
Old 02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

I just cut out my bumper using the Pypes template. Honestly, you cannot even tell that the bumper was cut unless you crawled under the car and studied it closely. And I'm picky about stuff like that.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I3lackout
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by laterider

I bought that kit for less then $700.....

Quick Reply: Add Dual Exhaust 2007 v6