Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Add Dual Exhaust 2007 v6

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:20 PM
2K7SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Red face Add Dual Exhaust 2007 v6

Was thinking about when im Adding my Dual exhaust to my V6 and i will have to cut the bumper or buy a new gt rear bumper...

Was wondering if anyone had any good clues as to what to do to sorta prime the bumper after cutting it (it seems i cant afford a new rear bumper atm) to prevent rust... Also, the new hangers i am getting as well should hold them fine but im worried about fitting.. anyone mod their 6 with DE? any major alignment issues i should be worrying about?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

you could cut the bumper if you didnt want to get a gt one but imo it wont turn out looking good. and if you do dont worry about rust your bumper cant rust

check the 2005+ section they can help you more
Old 01-25-2010, 02:06 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Your gonna waste your money if you buy a throttle body spacer
Old 01-25-2010, 05:50 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Mine's a 2010 and I added duals to mine. Cut the bumper and don't worry about rust because it's plastic. At least mine is anyway.....
Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I had the shop cut mine when they installed duals. Use this template to make the cut and don't worry about it rusting.....it can't because it's not metal.

You can use a Dremel, but since it was summer when mine was installed the plastic was soft, so they used a utility knife. If you do it right, you can't tell it wasn't done from the factory;

http://pysales.com/inst/SFM68-bumper-cutout02.pdf
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 AM
2K7SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I had the shop cut mine when they installed duals. Use this template to make the cut and don't worry about it rusting.....it can't because it's not metal.

You can use a Dremel, but since it was summer when mine was installed the plastic was soft, so they used a utility knife. If you do it right, you can't tell it wasn't done from the factory;

http://pysales.com/inst/SFM68-bumper-cutout02.pdf
well i know its not metal, but i was told if i didnt paint over the cut i would get some sort of mineral deposits.... which i assumed to be similar to rust. maybe he was just trying to scare me into paying him more to paint/"finishing touches"
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2K7SilverStang
well i know its not metal, but i was told if i didnt paint over the cut i would get some sort of mineral deposits.... which i assumed to be similar to rust. maybe he was just trying to scare me into paying him more to paint/"finishing touches"
I did buy a tube of Motorcraft touch up paint and had the shop sand around the edge and apply the paint. They told me it wasn't really necessary as it was a smooth cut, but they did it to satisfy me.

If it bothers you then you can go the same route.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
2K7SilverStang
1st Gear Member

yeah and now im worried about that other post of it looking crappy XD i mean i like the looks of the GT bumper but they are like $200 low and that unpainted.. i know if i get the rear bumper i will have to paint those semi-skirts on the side
Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2K7SilverStang
yeah and now im worried about that other post of it looking crappy XD i mean i like the looks of the GT bumper but they are like $200 low and that unpainted.. i know if i get the rear bumper i will have to paint those semi-skirts on the side
Why would you think it looks crappy? Just because one member voiced his opinion and said he thought it looks like crap doesn't mean the rest of us feel the same way.
It looks good in my opinion. I don't let my car look like crap, I take too much pride into it to let that happen.
In case you didn't know, the Shelby GT500KR has the exact same rocker panels like the V6 as well as the same spoiler. Obviously in this picture the owner put a GT500 spoiler on it though;

Old 01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Here's a video of a V6 with a close up view of a bumper cut out. The only difference is he has the FRPP X Pipe set up that comes with covers for the bumper cut outs. Other than that, it looks the same as mine;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWKTr...eature=related

Quick Reply: Add Dual Exhaust 2007 v6