Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Cheapest dual pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I got my GT take offs for free and then bought GT take off dual pipes for $50. shop craigslist and classifieds
Old 09-07-2010, 10:54 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

If you look hard enough you can always find parts cheap, that said...unless they are meant to be installed on your car I would avoid them like like plague. I went with NTO for that reason, I knew that the parts would fit and line up where they were supposed to. Also once the true duals were installed, if I didn't like the sound I could always change the mufflers. Well I love what I got, sounds great and had gotten better with more mileage. I highly recommend the NTO to you
Old 09-07-2010, 07:43 PM
brutedawg20
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
but if you buy them separate how do you know they will line up 100% correctly?
if you buy mufflers for 05-2010 they will fit they are made for the car (unless someone has hacked them apart) buy them as a pair. NTO has 2010 GT take offs for $99 (they can be found cheaper, or free)

the pipes rockauto offers are dynomax and made for the mustang GT so it will fit your car. when i did my exhaust i bought the x-pipe from rockauto and 1 midpipe from them since the stock exhaust already has 1. I bought the driver side muffler hanger kit off ebay for cheap also.

i think this comes down to personal preference on pieces vs the kit.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
MattS93
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by brutedawg20

the pipes rockauto offers are dynomax and made for the mustang GT so it will fit your car. when i did my exhaust i bought the x-pipe from rockauto and 1 midpipe from them since the stock exhaust already has 1. I bought the driver side muffler hanger kit off ebay for cheap also.
so the stock passenger side mid pipe will line up properly?? that will save me $40! but there are two different passenger side mid pipes on rock auto....so? just need the x pipe, driver side mid pipe, and mufflers.

Last edited by MattS93; 09-07-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM
jake86

my set up is pypes x with one mid .. reuse the stock passenger ... exhaust guy had to thread for the hanger bolts on the driver side ,, ford racing has good mufflers for the six not too loud and has a nice tone i also went back to my stock intake and like the exhaust sound better in my opinion my cold air airaid intake made the exhaust scream and it wasnt a good scream it opened up too much when stepping on it id rather have it sound mellow and sporty than have it sound like its trying to hard now with the stock intake it mellowed out for the better GTA FORD RACING my recent bama/am tune also added to the low end grunt !
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 PM
brutedawg20
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MattS93
so the stock passenger side mid pipe will line up properly?? that will save me $40! but there are two different passenger side mid pipes on rock auto....so? just need the x pipe, driver side mid pipe, and mufflers.
the pipes on rock auto are steel and stainless steel. your call, your stock system is not stainless.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Mine is the NTO true duals for the 2010 V6, at first they sounded like a g35, not a bad sound but was hoping for deeper, after 6000 miles installed they are definitely deeper, really love my NTO's
Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 PM
MattS93
1st Gear Member

I can no longer find the x pipe or mid pipes on rock auto! WTF??
Old 10-03-2010, 03:29 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

what a world, what a world! i guess you'll have to go NTO, but i think you can get an X pipe on american muscle for like 95 bucks and shipping is free and you can search alot of other places and eventually find cheap parts, but its whatever quality you want.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:15 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Guess I got the last set of mids hahahahaha! Are you planning on doing the exhaust work yourself or having a shop install? If your gonna do it, order the NTO setup. If your going to have an exhaust shop install them, just have them do a custom setup.

Quick Reply: Cheapest dual pipes?