Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

source for stand alone EFI harness

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Garyab

Default source for stand alone EFI harness

Here is what I have.

I am helping a friend with his hot rod project (model A), (chopped tudor).

He bought a 4.0 ltr, V6 out of a 2007 mustang to install in his rod, We have the original engine harness (most of it) and the computer (which is set for an auto trans).

I am looking to find someone who has or makes a stand alone harness for this engine that will work without the O2 sensors etc.

Anyone with any possible leads, please get back to me.

Gary
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

The wiring harness is irrelevant, the computer needs the data to optimize performance. I can't think of a good reason to do away with them but you can get a custom tune that will do what you want.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Garyab

Thanks Jim,
The harness that we got with the engine is a bit hacked up, broken connectors, etc, but I can repair it. My buddy just wanted a nice new harness with just the basic's, but again, I can strip out the a/c wireing etc to lean it down.

I contacted STCflash and I can get the computer re-flashed for operation with the T5 gearbox and delete the after cat O2 sensors and some of the other irrelevant stuff that a rod doen't need.

I guess what I need now is a good wireing diagram for this engine so I can begin the repair and hook-up mode.

Does anyone have one that I can download free, hate to spend $ 50 plus on a manual that will be used once?

Any info is welcome.

Gary
Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Garyab

Default Still needing help

Does anyone out there know how to wire the PCM (computer) for this engine??

The two connectors from the engine are no problem, but I need the basic hookups for the third connector (the one that interfaces with the body wireing harness).

I need some guidance here, from the wireing specs it appears that I need to spoof some inputs (fuel pressure) and wire in new fuel and fan relays.

Any source of help would be nice.

Gary