Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

painting my car, maybe

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
haha okay okay ill stay white
Are you sure? I hear their doing amazing work with pigmentation these days

Old 12-07-2010, 08:32 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

hahahaha thats hilarious. but i'm thinking about this autowrap thing...
Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
raimjob2@hotmail.com

jaja that is weird I though white looked very elegant on 2010-11 mustangs; it just looks very elegant specially if you have brown leather seats. If it was my car I would put a nice set of silver stripes on it. About black; I almost traded my 08 for a 2011 black mustang; it just looked sinister and cooler than my current car (my car paint was shinier though) I didn't know black was so bad with scratches; anyway to me the best color for the new mustang is black or white. black is cool even if you have the stock wheels form the base model; white looks good if you have brown leather seats and bigger wheels; it makes it look more classy and less plain.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

so turns out the autowraps guy wants to charge me 2600 to 2800 bucks for graphics installation by a professional, i dont really have the cash to give right at the moment, but im thinking i can work out a deal with him where i don't get any money for about 7 months, but i dont know im sorta not liking the whole thing
Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Mark, Id leave it as is! you just need to tint the windows and change the wheels, once you see the changes in your car's appearance you will be happy again!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Black is a tough color to keep clean....trust me from exprience!!!
Have you considered adding racing stripes or a stripe on the hood, black front chin spoiler, smoked tail lights/3rd brake light/side blinkers and etc.? They would add some nice visual affects to your performance white Stang!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 12-13-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
so turns out the autowraps guy wants to charge me 2600 to 2800 bucks for graphics installation by a professional, i dont really have the cash to give right at the moment, but im thinking i can work out a deal with him where i don't get any money for about 7 months, but i dont know im sorta not liking the whole thing
Serious Markk, I don't get it. You have a new Mustang and you want to ruin it by installing a car wrap. If you are so dead set on black, trade her in on a black one, but I promise you, if this is your daily driver you are going to hate trying to keep it looking good. Black Mustangs are cool but they are a PITA to keep it clean. I had one, loved it and it wasn't my daily driver so I was able to keep it looking new.
If trading is not an option, then mad modding is the only way. Posters on here have given you some great ideas. I would run with it!

Just my 2¢
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I have a white mustang, my friend has a black mustang, and my dad has a vista blue mustang. The black is impossible to care for, the white shows all dirt and none of your hard work (no depth), but the blue. Wow, the blue is where it's at. It has incredible depth and shine with the right wax, and while it doesn't show all imperfections like a black car, it also doesn't show all dirt like a white car.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:15 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
I have a white mustang, my friend has a black mustang, and my dad has a vista blue mustang. The black is impossible to care for, the white shows all dirt and none of your hard work (no depth), but the blue. Wow, the blue is where it's at. It has incredible depth and shine with the right wax, and while it doesn't show all imperfections like a black car, it also doesn't show all dirt like a white car.
I have to admit, when I was shopping for a Mustang the Vista Blue caught my eye first. Although I was tempted to buy another black stang, I thought I would try blue this time around.
At night in a well lit parking lot, the color is phenomenal! So many combinations of hues and hightlights make me just want to stand there and stare! I can't help myself but take a picture with my cell phone!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:17 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I have to admit, when I was shopping for a Mustang the Vista Blue caught my eye first. Although I was tempted to buy another black stang, I thought I would try blue this time around.
At night in a well lit parking lot, the color is phenomenal! So many combinations of hues and hightlights make me just want to stand there and stare! I can't help myself but take a picture with my cell phone!
Inorite? I was driving my dad's vista and had parked it in a parking lot and went in the store for about an hour. When I came back it had a dusting of snow on it and the way the light hit it made the thing look incredible. Only 1 problem; I didn't have my phone

Quick Reply: painting my car, maybe